Chapter 8 - Michael

Chapter 8 - Michael

Jamie

"I was hoping I'd catch you!" Chase chirped.

"Yeah... Me too," Not.

"What's your first lesson?"

"Art," I wasn't lying when I said that, I do have art. In fact, it's one of my favourite subjects.

He beamed, "Oh, I have art too," Well isn't that exciting.

Nodding, I started walking to my class.

"So... How's your day been so far," He asked following my strides.

I took a deep breath in, "Eventful," I'm not too sure how long I can keep this up for. It's not that I don't like him... It's just that I'm scared. My mum doesn't want me near him, so be it.

"Oh cool, what happened?"

"It's a long story,"

"I have time to listen,"

Well this is going to be awkward.

"Chase,"

"Yeah?"

"I can't talk to you,"

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, "And why not,"

You steal, you moved away and never talked to me again and mum doesn't want me speaking to you. That'll be ok, right?

"You steal, you moved away and never talked to me again and mum doesn't want me speaking to you," I practically mouth farted it all out in one breath.

He quirked an eyebrow, "So,"

"So... I'm not talking to you..."

The corner of his lip twitched up into a smirk revealing a dimple. Huh, I didn't realize he had a dimple...

"And why's that?"

"Because..."

What was I going to say? I can't exactly say 'Because I'm worried you've changed too much'. He'll practically laugh in my face. I can see it now...

News Flash!

Jamie Belle is a complete and utter wimp!

Make fun of her as much as you can!

"Do you even have an answer?"

"Urm, of course I do..."

"Oh, please enlighten me," He shoved his hands into his pocket as his eyes bored into mine.

"Because... Because..." Come on brain! Don't fail me now! Say the first thing you think of! "The dog ate my homework!" I dribbled out. Not literally... That's just plain creepy.

"We're not talking about homework Jamie," Chase chuckled lightly, "Try again."

"Mum said so. I never disobey her orders," Oh yeah. Because that answer is so much better.

"You say that like she's an army general..." He stared at me in amusement.

"Well... I'll get told off otherwise!" Wow. Totally not pathetic at all.

"What she doesn't know can't hurt her,"

"Well... I..." What am I supposed to say to that? 'Cause technically he has a point.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The point of my brush danced over the canvas in front of my leaving a trail of beauty and imagination behind. My mind whirred as ideas flew from my brain and onto my board with a single brush stroke. Dipping my brush into the pot of water, I looked at my latest piece of work.

"Wow..." A voice murmured from behind me.

Twisting my head, I looked at the stranger who was sneaking a peek at my art.

"I always said you were going to be a good artist," The stranger spoke then finished with a smile.

Hold up. "Michael?"

"How's it going Jamster?" He grinned making me grin back. I wish I could say he looks the same as he did before but he doesn't. His hair is no longer a black mop on the top of his head that covers his eyes. It's now trimmed just below his eyebrows showing off his chocolatey eyes.

"What are you doing here?" Michael is Amy's cousin. She introduced us one day and we clicked just like that. He lived about an hour away so I never got to see him.

"I moved here a couple of days ago,"

"Ah that's cool! So I guess I'll be seeing you more often then, huh?" I asked.

"Yeah, you will! So, how are you and Amy?"

"We're good... But she was a bit iffy with me this morning,"

He rubbed the back of his head, "Yeah, about that..." He paused.

"Carry on,"

"I told her not to tell you I was joining your school today... You know what she's like with secrets,"

"Oh... That would make sense," I love Amy and all, but I can't l tell her anything. She can't keep secrets to save her life. She goes all distant and snappy, having a mental debate whether she should say something or not. And then she wonders why people don't tell her anything. You could say she has word diarrhea when it comes to gossip.

"Yeah, so sorry about that," He threw me a sheepish smile.

Shrugging it off, I said it was ok. Michael had to go back to his own art so I sat patiently waiting for the bell to let off its ring.

"Who was that?" Chase plonked himself on the chair beside me.

"Just a friend," I waved him off.

"Is he gay?"

Turning myself to face him, I set off on my rant, "What the hell Chase! He might be gay, he might be straight, or he might even be bi. But what's wrong with gay people! It's not like it's going to change him at all, no one changes! It's not like he's randomly going to pop up in a pink feather boa and crop top with skinny shorts squealing 'I'm gayyy!'," I waved my arms about in the air, "Anyway, you have no right to judge someone whether they're gay or not for the following reasons. Reason number- Mhhmm ge oof meh," I struggled to speak while Chases hand was against my mouth.

"I was just kidding," Chase sighed.

Rolling my eyes, I licked his hand. He removed his hand from my mouth and continued to wipe it on his top, "Ew, you're so disgusting!"

Giggling I replied, "Y-you... You sounded like a girl," I attempted to bottle up my laughter.

"Chase never sounds like a girl,"

"Did you just talk about yourself in thrid person?" I quirked an eyebrow.

"Er, no?"

Oh dear. I shook my head smiling, what am I going to do with him?

_______________________________________________________________________

Heeellllllllllooooooooooo Michael ;) It's been a whole month now, I'm sorry, I'm horrible and I suck :( I'm glad you stayed with me though :)

Yay or neigh to Michael? :P Ta, ta! c: Love ya for reading >.<

Vote <3

Follow <3

Comment <3

- Bee