Sorrow in Love

"Why can't you just believe in me?" That's all he ever heard her say. Why didn't he? He had no clue. He probably did, just didn't know how to show it. He knew he loved her, would die for her, but why didn't he trust her? Was it because she was so beautiful? Maybe because she was intelligent and talented. He didn't know, but he would never let another man take his Mercie away from him. He had worked all to hard to make her fall in love with him. He would let no man walk in and just take her away. It would kill him.

                         She walked in the room, taking everyones breathe away. She was short, and bulit. Her red hair was in curls, like always, they feel so perfectly. Her emerald green eyes shot across the room to her Lucas. He had brown shaggy hair with light blue eyes. He wasn't the best she could do. He was mean and jealous over really nohting. She deserved better, but she loved him. More than she knew how to say. She walked over to him with the swing in her hips she had always had. She smiled and her straight white teeth gleamed in the dim lighting of the literature class room. 

                   "Hey babe", Mercie said as she grabbed Lucas' hand. "How is the best boy in the world doing today?"

         "I am doing fine. What about you? I see you love swaying your hips to make sure everyone is looking. You sure do eat that up don't you. You love it when people look at you up and down. It's cause you don't want me anymore isn't it? Why do you have to do me this way?! " Lucas started to yell. Mercie could feel the tears welming up in her eyes. She had done nothing wrong. She didn't even realize how she had ben walking. She was sorry. How could she say it though? How could she make him understand? She didn't have an answer so all she could do was sit there and cry. 

      "Oh, now you care about me? You are so selfish. I'm suprized you are even still with me. Why don't you leave bitch?!" He didn't even know what he was saying. Why did he make her feel like this? He didn't even know. Maybe her pain would draw her closer to him. He had to find out.

       "Babe, i'm sorry. I did not mean to do that. Do you forgive me? I do love you, oh so much. I could never leave you. I love you. Don't you love me? i'm sorry. Please don't be mad at me. Please. I'm sorry, i love you."

     Lucas finally broke down. "It's fine Mercie. Come here." He pulled the crying love of his life into his arms. He held her there as her make up, once so beautiful, ran doown her face. This made her look cheap and ugly. Lucas liked it because who wants to broken girl? No one did. He did, and that is all that mattered. No one else can want her, because if they do, to him, they can take her away.