The Swimming Hole

Lucas sat and looked at his phone. He sat and looked a long time. Why had he said those mean things to her? That is just going to make her do it. I don't want to lose her. I cannot lose her. I need her. I love her. His thoughts were once again interrupted by his phone. This time it was a text message. It was from a random number. 

     667-980-7765: Hello there gorgeous! I miss seeing your smile at school. You never seem to smile anymore since you are with that fat cow. Why don't you come see me tonight and i will make you smile more than she ever could. ;)

      He stood up from his chair. Who in the hell would be texting him this? Maybe it was a trap, but even if it wasn't, he would never hook up with another girl. He loved Mercie. He could never hurt her, but what was she doing to him? She was probably cheating on him right now. He might as well do the same thing right? What made her better than him? No. He couldn't. He had to find out who this girl was though, so he could stay clear away from her. 

     Me: Who is this? 

      He waited a few minutes for a reply. How was he going to tell Mercie? Would he just let her read them on her own? Should he even show them to her? He had no clue, but he soon got a reply.

     667-980-7765: It's your best friend baby. Come on. Come to my house... Let me rock your world. 

                                                  Love you... Jessica <3

       He knew who it was. It made him sick to his stomach. He would never do anything with her. He missed his Mercie. He wanted her with him right now, so bad he could taste it. He had to relp to Jessica in a terrible way so Mercie could read it and know he only loved her. 

    Me: Look Jessica. I love Mercie. She does make me smile. She is everything to me, and NOTHING you have would EVER rock my world because the only girl who can do that is Mercie. She is my life and i will never have anything with anyone else. Bye Jessica. LOSE MY NUMBER HOE!

    He  looked real hard at his phone. He wished Mercie would call. He wanted to hear her voice, but he would've have bet any amount of money that she was hurting him, but mean while at Riverbank Rocks....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Lana! Are you stupid or something!? Get down from there!" Mercie yelled at the scrawny little girl standing atop a large rock about to just 100 feet into that water. 

     "I'll be alright Mercie! I't just a little fall!"

      "A little my butt! Get down! If you die your dad will kill me!"

      "Not my problem! I'll be dead!" Lana's smile grew larger. she loved danger. She could feel the tingling in her toes as they looked over the edge on to the water. She opened her arms wide, felt her muscles contract as she bended them down to pounce. She was off!! Soaring down to the water like a bird in flight. She felt wonderful and whole.

       "LANA!" Mercie screamed louder. Her heart was racing fast and she didn't know what to do with her self.  She felt like she had lost Lana, until she popped up out of the water screaming.

   "Woah! That was off the chain! Mercie, you have to go and try that!" Mercie shook her head and sat down in fetal position. She started crying, not because of her cusion, but because of Lucas. Lana came running to her side. She mistaked her crying for something she had done. "I didn't mean to scare you. I'm sorry. Please don't cry!" Lana sat down beside her and wrapped her arms around her cusion. 

   "It's not that.", she whispered. "Lucas doesn't trust me. He doesn't believe in me. What do i do? On top of it all, i have this big secret that no one knows. Not even him. I'm scared to tell anyone; i don't know what to do."

   "Well first", Lana said. "You must tell me this secret."

Secrets are not always bad, nor are they good. They can be burdens, or lifters of pain. Whatever the case. They always come out.