Break Me Down Baby

Mercie walked slowly into the old house. It smelled like dew and old people. It was the house of her grandparents. A house she had come to know and love through the years of her youth. Her grandparents though, they were old and spunky. She didn't know how to explain them because they are their own. "Granny! Papol! Are you guys here?!" She screamed out, but all she got was an empty answer. Nothing. They were suppose to go swimming later on that day. She had talked to them on the phone not even an hour before. She said she was coming. They must have already left. Before she could walk out the door she  heard a bump in the house. She turned back around and screamed hello again. 

      "Hey baby!", her granny shouted as she walked from the back of the house. As usual, her granny didn't seece to amaze her. She was completly naked. 

    "Granny! Will you Please put some clothes on?!" Mercie shielded her eyes. It wasn't normal for her to see such, nakedness. It was normal, but that's not what she wanted. She wanted to have a regular family. One that did not try to find out every aspect of you. One that just left well enough alone, not her's though. They were very nosey and very cruel. 

    "Why?! No i will not! This is my house and i will walk around naked if i please to do so! Hell, if you wanna go naked too. Go right on ahead!!"

    "That will be unnecessary Melba." Mercie's grandpa came in and saved the day. "Go get dressed so we can go swimming." He never really had a hold on her granny, but he tried anyway. She was a free and wild spirit. Not a soul could tame her. 

    "Yes dear. Not because you said so, but for my Mercie." She grabbed Mercie's face in her hands. Her golden eyes were full of love and compassion. Mercie loved how beautiful her granny was. Even though she was elderly, she wasn't the gross looking old person. She was very pretty. 

     "You guys don't have to go. I am 17. I can go alone, or i can go get Lana and she can accompany me." Lana was Mercie's little cusion. She was about 14 and was cool enough to hang with. 

     "Well me and your papol here would like some alone time", her granny said as she winked at Garrett, "You can go on without us then. If you do so please."

      "Only if that's what you want Mercie" Her grandpa's green eyes welcomed her opinion, but she wanted to go before her granny seduced him right in front of her.

      "Thank you guys, i'll just go and get Lana"

      "Okay dear, i love you."

      "Love you guys too, bye"

As she turned out and walked through the door her eyes welmed up in tears. How could she tell them the news? How could she tell anyone? She was scared and timid, but she knew that Lana would understand. Well, maybe she would.

------------------------------------------------

Lucas paced back and forth. What is taking her so long to text me back?! That is all he thought as he walked side to side making a small grove in the ground where his steps continuously fell. I bet she's out whoreing around. That little slut! How could she do this to me?! All i do is love her and love her and all i get is walked all over. Ugh. She doesn't love me like i love her. I hate my life. I want to die.... BEEP BEEP BEEP! His phone's loud ring made him fall out of his trance of thoughts. It was Mercie, she was calling.

   "Hello?" His voice was rough and meanly sounding as he answered. She could tell he was aggervated and angry, but over what, she did not know. 

  "Hey babe, i just wanted you to know that my granny and papol aren't going swimming with me. I'm going to pick up Lana. She is going to come with me. Are you sure you can't make it? I would really love it if you could go. It would make my time 150 percent better. Please."

    "Oh my god! Just go have fun without me! You don't need me to be happy! I bet you're going to look at MILLIONS of guys aren't you! What bikini are you wearing to show off your body?! Go shake your ass for those guys! I don't care have fun!" *Click*  

           Tears whelmed up in Mercie's eyes. What had she done wrong? Why was he so mad? He wouldn't even let her talk before he just hung up. What was his deal? She didn't know, all she knew was the pain that dwell-ed inside her. She loved him, and she needed him. She never needed anything before him, and now he treated her like garbage. Why did she take it? The same reason he mother did. That itching heart warming thing called, love. When she fell, she fell hard, and when she loved she loved deep. She could not help but take it, it was in her nature to help him. She had to because without him, she had no purpose, no meaning, no love. She called back. 

   "What do you want?! " His voice was still as sour and mean as before, if not worse.

    "I want to hear you say you love me" Mercie's tears were heard in her words. She had never put so much emotion into what she was saying. She really just wanted his love to show, like hers did.

   "You know i love you. More than you will EVER love me. Why do you drag me on Mercie?! Why can't you just tell me you don't love me and leave me be?!"

  "Because i DO love you. I need you. I have never needed anyone like i need you. Why do you have to put me down and accuse me? I do nothing wrong. All i do is love you and treat you like a prince. Please, just believe me and ..."

    "No. You go have fun. I can't control what you do or who you talk to. Have fun without me, and any boy you talk to, be sure to not to tell him you are engaged!!" *Click*

   She couldn't call him back. That means he would win. She can't keep feeding to his fits. She knows she does nothing wrong, but how will he know? She sighed. She pulled into the drive way of her uncle. "Lana! Come on!" Her small cusion popped out of the door running to the car. "Are you ready to go?"

    "Ready as i will ever be TURD!" Mercie laughed. They had been calling each other that for years. It was an inside thing. It welcomed her into warm summer memories. It made her feel old.

   "Okay hairy monkey, let's go" Mercie carried a fake smile on her face. She didn't even feel like going anymore. Like always, Lucas had ruined her day. She just wanted to see him smile, or hear a lovley laugh, but not either one would she receive. So she had to go another day in perish. Another day pretending she didn't miss his smile. If only he trusted her, if only he believed in her. She would be happy, as long as he was happy too. He determined her emotions, controlled her. Everyone close to her saw it, but him. Even though, he was the one who needed to see it the most.

     Imagine how terrible it feels for the person who you love the most, need the most, doesn't even beleieve in the love you have for them. Nor the faithfulness you give them. That's a pain that will always burn deep and burn hard.