Why We Hold On

Mercie whispered sweet things into Lucas' ear as they laid together on the sofa. "Your heart beats so rhythmically with mine. I love the way that i can just know exactly how fast yours is beating by mine." She rubbed her fingers through his brown hair. "Your hair is so perfect, like your face, your lips, your eyes, your everything. I love how all of it is mine and mine only forever. I love you baby. I love you"

Lucas looked at her. Her eyes were so sincere, her eyebrows arched so perfectly to make a small wrinkle on her forehead. She meant what she was saying to him. He could see it in her face."I love you too my Mercie. I can't live without you. Please be mine forever. I need you." Mercie looked back at her boyfriend. Why did he seem so unreal, this wasn't like him. That was the problem. It was like him, when they laid there looking into each others eyes, but why was he different when they were apart? She still felt and acted the same. Why did he not. She wasn't going to bring it up because that would start an argument. This moment was too perfect for that. 

"I will always be your Lucas. I have devoted my life to making you happy. I know sometimes you don't believe me, but why would i lie? I have this ring from you, and i have this heart for you. I love you, and i need you just as much as you need me, if not more. So don't doubt me, because for one second i wouldn't doubt you." She kissed his forehead, and then his lips. The kiss was deep, and meaningful, like all the ones they shared. Both of them could feel the sparks fly as they mashed their faces together. 

When she pulled away, Lucas huffed. "Why did you pull away?! Do you not want to kiss me?!"

"I do, i'm sorry baby." Mercie apologized moreby pulling him in for another kiss. She let her tongue slip slowly into his mouth, without hesitation, he let his slip back. She moved to lay atop of him, he had his hands tightly on her hips. She made the kiss rougher, deeper. He let her take the lead as she did most of the time. They laid there and kissed for it seemed like minutes, which was really hours. She pulled away, mouth aching with satisfaction. She smiled at him and he smiled back. She just stayed there, her head rested on his chest, listening to his heart beat. "I love you Lucas."

"I love you too my Mercie."

Even though we all go through rough times, the happy times are always there to shine through the tears and clouds of pain. Showing a face of memories that will forever remain.