Chapter 5: Custom skill

[Congratulations on creating a custom skill you have been given 500 bonus points. Due to it being a skill you created, it can be named by you. Do you want to name it now?]

"Yes."

[What shall it be called?]

"Draigan Aansoo."

Indra used Hindi simply because the English interpretation didn't sound as good to him. He still had no idea what points were or custom skills but he decided he would find out later. For now, Indra would play along for as long as it took him to get some answers.

[Draigan Aansoo, or Dragon Tear, has been chosen. It is now available as one of your skills!]

'Custom skill? Five hundred points!'

Indra didn't understand. Five hundred points for a custom skill? He had only received forty for the discovery of spatial tethering. This must be much rarer. All he did was create the move himself it didn't make any sense to him it was over twelve times as many points! If it was that simple he'd have to do it again.

The words disappeared from Indra's view and his eyes focussed once again on the scene before him. The huge tree that he stood in only moments ago was now alight with flames, and embers grew larger by the second, thirsting for more oxygen.

They crackled and popped before his eyes. He began to sweat from the heat that radiated off the fire. Indra's soul was no longer the dark, bleak wasteland that it was while he walked the banks of the yellow river. it was now a blaze of passion. The fire in his soul drove him insane with anger. Anger at the snake, anger at the children who mocked him at the monastery, anger at the family that had sold him off like an animal.

He delighted in the blaze that was slowly burning the Razorback to a crisp. It writhed, its body which seemed to go on forever cooked under the intense heat of the inferno and Indra's gaze didn't waver for even a moment, he even listened to the snake's painful hiss go on for hours. Until something interrupted the show.

His body began to radiate bright light, and he could feel himself becoming stronger.

'This is qi!'

Qi was being absorbed into Indra's body. The feeling was unmistakable to one so in tune with the feeling of it flowing through them. Indra felt that he was safe for now and decided he would try something. He sat down with his legs crossed and his hands together between his legs. This was qigong meditation. The art of circulating qi through the twelve primary channels in the body. This promoted health and longevity, it greatly strengthened one's body. Indra began breathing steadily in the form of embryonic breathing.

The effects took hold immediately just as he suspected. The fatigue from using Spatial Tethering disappeared and he felt like he was becoming stronger, there were no visual effects but on a cellular level, Indra's body was becoming stronger, and better. Before he could continue the process a ding resonated in his mind and words appeared before him once again.

'This is going to take some getting used to.'

[Congratulations on reaching the level of 10. Once you have reached level 20 you will have reached your first benchmark. Each benchmark leads to a class change. This upgrade depends on the performance of your previous levels.]

'Level 10? I was just level three!'

Indra checked his stats again but they remained largely the same. His base stats like endurance, stamina and the like had increased but he didn't gain any new abilities. His fire and space/time manipulation abilities also did not change but he gained even more knowledge on the subjects, and he also gained more information on the system in general. He knew now that he could see what each of his abilities did. Instead of checking each one, he only checked the three he wasn't sure about and a new one had appeared as well.