Chapter 12: The Purpose of The System

Authors Note: I have rewritten the book and added an extra chapter so please read it from the beginning to fully understand the story. Thank you and enjoy!

According to what the system had said, a user of a Qi-reliant class, his Endurance, Strength, and Agility should be above his Wisdom and knowledge. But his stats were oddly balanced. Genesis was surprised. Wisdom was surprisingly his greatest stat, albeit not by much as Agility was close by. This meant that speed, reflex and energy quality were his strong points. Then the question became, how cold he maximise on those?

Genesis had walked through many visions of multiple lives, but most of the knowledge was foreign to him, and he still needed more. Hence he turned to the information tab on his menu. The boy closed one eye and started to wave his arms about.

Every user has a menu with a list of five options.

[Information]

The information contains knowledge on dungeons and creatures; however, all information has a price.

Users are allowed to communicate through the system by paying the price of one point, it could be anyone in the world as long as they have their full name and have met them before.

[Stats]

This allows a user to view their abilities, level, and class.

[Storage]

This is a space of a single cubic meter to store any non-living items. The storage space increases as the user reach higher levels.

[Map]

The map shows a layout of the area up to a hundred-meter radius around a user. It shows users and creatures that are within a hundred-meter radius, depending on the circumstance. This too increases as the user reaches higher levels.

[Management]

This allows users to form groups with other users. These groups may be guilds, alliances, parties or an organization on a large scale.

To see this menu page, a user must close one eye and navigate using their hands. Genesis felt that he had enough points to do some research. Using the information tab was no different from using a search engine like Google. You just look up what you wanted to and a list with files on the information would pop up based on relevance. He could with some adjustments arrange them by time, size and or by format. Videos and audios were available, but all knowledge had a price. The points were next o the knowledge he wanted to know. Genesis had a few goals in mind. First, he wanted to understand cultivation and what path to take. He also wanted to find out about the world's situation. His last objective was to figure out an objective. He did not desi pursue strength for the sake of it. If he was seeking power there had to be a purpose, there had to be the truth.

All in all, Genesis carefully purchased information on cultivation as a whole for 100 points. This included all he thought he needed to know that the system had not informed him of.

'This is going to be extremely troublesome.'

Naturally, the first thing Genesis wanted to learn of was simple.

'What was the system and why had it come to Earth?'

According to the information he had received, the universe was filled with a multitude of worlds all filled with fantastical beings. This Universe was called the mortal Realm. Only mortal beings could reside here properly. For divine and immortal beings to live here they could only do so through an artificial vessel known as a restricted avatar.

Immortals, deities, demons and devils. Almost all beings tread upon one such path. The Immortals were beings born mortal or descendants of immortals who stayed in a higher realm of existence. The divine or deities were those born from the laws of the universe through light to rule the mortals and guide them, the demonic were those who were beast and plant-like in nature and devils are beings born from the laws of the universe through the darkness. There were similarities and differences between the two groups.

For example, batmen and wolf born are demons but vampires and werewolves are devils. A druid is a minor deity while an elf is an immortal descendant.

As a being born from natural laws, deities have multiple attributes. Thanks to their divine birth, they never had to practice. But in return, they were restricted to what they had at birth.

Immortals walked the opposite path. They were made up of two groups. One had mortals who slowly improved themselves quantitative and qualitatively through cultivation. Slowly comprehending the martial path through training. They had multiple attributes and picked up more as they went along. The other group, which made up the majority of immortals, were those born as immortals. But their circumstances were more like deities as they were restricted by their elemental boundaries. However, they also had advantages.

Demons lorded over animals and beasts while devils ruled over the world of darkness. Within their domain, they ruled with a strict hierarchy based on bloodline. Demons focused mainly on devouring life to enhance their strength while devils focused more on the purity of their bloodlines.

A human mortal could for example consume a material that had a wolfman bloodline bringing him on the demonic path, while a bite from a werewolf would turn that human into a devil. If Genesis cultivated through Martial arts and broke the barrier between the mortal and higher realms he would be immortal, but if he instead fused with the laws of the universe and had a divine body made for him he would be reborn as a deity. These were the paths available to him.

'My abilities are quite balanced, so the immortal path is more to my liking.'

Many aeons ago Immortals numbered the least in terms of numbers, hence in order to solve this, the Conquest System was created. It was made to allow weaker mortal worlds to evolve faster by accelerating the cultivation process through an increase in risky battles followed by a reward. The System had given rise to countless Immortals ever since, but some veered and chose to walk the other three paths. Nevertheless, the four paths of cultivation were now more or less balanced thanks to the Conquest System.

Worlds had multiple ranks. The tiers for worlds were Entry, Lower, Middle, Upper and Peak. To enter the System, a planet had to have reached a certain level of cultural and scientific development with a portion of that world already cultivating.

'This means cultivation has always been happening on earth?'

...............

AN:

If you want updates on my...uh...updates, follow me on webnovel, royalroad, wattpad fb insta and twitter!

www.facebook.com/theonionjunktionx
instagram @theonionjunktion (cool character designs and such there:)
Twitter @onionjunktion95
https://www.royalroad.com/profile/31128
wattpad @theonionjunktion
webnovel @theonionjunktion
email: chikosikjog@gmail.com

Thank you for reading! Have some idea about my story? Comment it and let me know. Creation is hard, cheer me up!

-Onion