Chapter six ~ Playing in the Rain

**Angels POV**

After church was over, everyone was walking out of the building. I smiled at Lana as my parents leave giving us money for the town if we decided to buy anything. I watched the car pull away. I looked over at Lana, who was staring at the stained glass windows that were brilliant blues, pinks, reds, yelllws, greens, oranges and more. I looked at her, smiling to myself.

How could someone so imperfect be perfectly perfect?

I walked over, the summer air lingering around me as I pull my dress up a bit. My dress was aqua blue with black flowers on it.

I poked Lana's side.

"having fun staring? " I asked jokingly. She hit me lightly.

"Sure. These Sure are some bright colors though." I nodded.

"Actually.. the guy who made them for us actually Went here. But he was quite old and... ya know. " She nodded at me.

"Want to go get some lunch? And you don't have to come to church all the time with me if you don't want to."

She shrugged, knowing that it will probably be a one time thing.

We walked down the parking lot side by side to go get lunch.

~

Walking into Wild Wok Japanese restaurant, looking at all of the paintings. Lana and I loved Japanese food to death.

"Hi! welcome to Wild Wok would you like a table?" The lady who greeted us was an older lady with pale green eyes and grey hair. I nodded as she led us to a Booth for two.

There was a rose at the end of the table and I sat down as Lana sat infront of me. Immediately, I room the rose out of the vase smelling it. The rose was vibrant red with No thrones. I smiled at it.

"What?" Lana was staring at me. I felt my face get hot.

"N-nothing." I put the rose back into the pretty blue glass vase, picking up a menu.

"I'll buy, so don't worry about it. " Lana went to protest and I shook my head.

"I'm paying, accept it. " we both laughed, looking at the menu.

The waitress came back, bringing us cokes and straws asking if we were ready.

"I'll have the rice with broccoli and chicken.." Lana said and I nodded.

"I'll have the same. " The waitress smiled at us, then walked away.

"Oh, by the way you look pretty in that. it really suits you." I said to Lana, as I seen her cheeks get a bit red. I laughed lightly, taking a sip of my coke. There was a large window next us, as I looked out.

"It's going to rain.. It's getting cloudy..." I sighed leaning back.

"We can play in the rain? " Lana suggested. As I Shrugged.

"We're not really dressed for that." I said back and she nodded considering this.

"we have to walk home anyways." Lana laughed.

"We're going to be soaked.. " she nodded.

The waitress was back (who's name was Shelly.) setting our food down on the table. She filled our cokes and walked away.

I waited a few more minutes before looking at Lana.

"what if, you liked someone and didn't know if they liked you back.. " I looked down. not making eye contact.

waiting for an answer.

**Lana's POV **

I hesitated. Oooh, I really wished Shelley would have came back.

"This is about the guy you like?"I asked, clearly trying too hard to act natural.

She sighed meeting her eyes with mine. I couldn't help but stare at her lips, they were a pretty, glossy shade of pink orchids. I blushed a little, hoping she didn't notice. She couldn't know exactly what was on my mind, like her hair falling perfectly and the way her eyes seemed to dazzle slightly but enough for me to notice.

She smiled, "I guess it's something like that."

I was in a debate. More so, because I didn't want to tell her what not to do and sabotage her. I didn't want to give her the wrong advice either, and I didn't want to see her with some guy because it was obvious that I....

"I guess I'd tell them." I spoke reserving.

"Eventually." I added with a sigh.

"Lana, do you like someone?"She asked, her eyes widening.

My heart was raising, it was like those songs, it matched a perfect be a of drums.

"A little."I lied, because I really meant, a lot.

I got up from the seat. "I have to go to the bathroom." I told her quickly and sprinted to the restrooms. I was clutching my heart and breathing heavily.

I looked in my reflection, and shook off these feelings. I flicked the water on my face, but splashing it. Angel walked in. "Um... Lana you're soaked." She said, halfway laughing.

"Yeah." I replied, trying to keep my best poker face but ended up laughing somehow. I gave her a smile, then pretended to wash my hands as if I actually used the bathroom. "Oh I already paid."She told me, grinning.

"Oh, thanks." I said in appreciative tone. I was blushing really hard. My face was totally hot and flushed. I started to regulate my breathing as I tried to rationalize my thoughts in my head.

Yeah, it didn't work. She was right beside me. I was so nervous, I wasn't usually nervous, but now I was. We headed out the door, then I quickly asked her, "did you bring an umbrella?" She asked.

Her face turned sour. "No." She replied, as if she felt a little guilty, but my face lit up. "Let's play!!!" I shouted jumping in the puddle and splashing her. She looked all hurt and disappointed till she jumped in the puddle in front of me. My face turned into a sideways grin.

"Let's face it," I said, my face glowing. "getting in the rain was.." I almost finished but almost knew she was going to finish my sentence. "Inevitable, right?" She asked, her smile so beautiful. "Exactly." We both laughed without thinking.

Angel had a lot of faces, weird, funny, nice, hurt, and tired. This by far, was her best one. When she smiled, laughed, and had fun. I got to see this one, a lot. I would make all the boys in the world jealous.

My life was like this, playing in the rain. Making a mess of the puddles, having myself go into a mess and disastrous. All because I had fun, but it was worth it. To feel this right, it had to be worth it.

One thing was sure,

I am never wearing a dress again.