Chapter five ~ The Park

**Lana's POV**

In all honesty, I was relieved. At first. I mean yeah, I would have gotten more sleep, if she hadn't mentioned she liked someone else. It was in bold letters or even italics across the world! She liked someone. I would rather have had that thought in my mind that was unconfirmed but it's confirmed. Big time.

Okay maybe it's unsure and maybe she said that just to get him off. She would have told me that! So it had to be confirmed, it had to be true. My head was a constant disaster, swirled with a bunch of anxiety and worries.

Right now, it was 12:00. Midnight. Once the clock hits midnight the worries come hitting back. I screamed into my pillow, it was the highest pitch my voice would go.

What did she mean?! Who did she like? More so, why do I want to know so badly?! It's because I'm her friend, right? Right?!

I didn't even eat the starburst. No, I wanted to, really really bad. More because I loveeeee starbursts. The sweetness in every one, well more the red ones. They were exactly how the title described them, like a star bursting in your mouth.

I think I'm just describing starbursts because I need to evade my mind from the main thought in my head. It was nice when I was treated like a small child or dog, it was getting attention. I'm not an attention craved person or whatever, it's just nice to receive treats and stuff.

I hope she didn't see my face light up.

We got to meet again tomorrow, we got to go to the park we always went to. The one where we met.

We met when we were 10, so it must have been 4th grade. I remember becauae she was playing alone, she looked sad by the tree. She wasn't expecting anyone to come along, and talk to her. So I did, and not because she wasn't expecting it, it's because I wanted to.

I smiled at her, my hair wasn't as dyed as it is now, my piercings didn't even appear to have an ear piercing hole. I remember smiling at her, little Angel. I remember that.

I could stand playing alone, I would always do it when I was a little kid. I had no problem, I had never felt what it was like to be with others so I never knew lonliness. Then I became attached to not being alone.

**Angels POV **

I was wearing shorts with a staples shirt rhat was dark blue and had butterflies on it. My favorite summer shirt.

I smiled at Lana, who was walking along side me. Getting yet another sleepless night, I Didn't mind. I looked stating up. Lana was always on my mind which always made me smile.

We walk over to the huge willow tree with the dropping branches making you feel like you was In a fairytale.

We sat down, as I put my phone in my back pocket.

"I'm so glad we have a week off school. "

"I know! " Lana looked at me smiling. Although the week off school was almost over, Prom was in about 4 weeks.

I think Lana kept trying to figure out who I would be taking.

"Want me to get us some icecream? " I ask, standing.

"Sure " She nodded and I walked through the thick green grass to the icecream stand. The boy who works there was a guy in the some grade. He was my partner in gym.

"Hey " he said.

"hey Alex. Can I have a vanilla and a chocolate? " I asked as he nodded getting them out as I reached for my wallet.

"Don't worry about paying, my treat. " I smiled, nodding taking the cones.

"thank you very much. "

He smiled as I walked away back to Lana. She was sitting there picking grass out of the ground.

I handed her the vanilla icecream cone as I licked the chocolate. The icecream was so sweet and cold. I smiled.

"Having fun pulling up grass? " I asked curious.

"lots." I smiled. She laughed licking her icecream.

"So, do you want to go to church with me on Sunday? I know It's not your thing but we sing and we get free breakfast. Although you would have to wear a dress..." I looked at her, as she had a disappointing look about the dress.

"pleeaasseee... " I pleaded, and she gave in.

"fine. " I smiled brightly, putting icecream on her nose.

She smiled, looking at it cross eyes. I took a picture smiling.

"smooth "

I looked at the picture. Her hair was messy-ish and she wasn't all dressed up. Imperfect. and That's what made it perfect.

**Lana's POV**

Seriously, I had no idea what I was doing in a dress. Oh right, I remember now. Her irresistible plead made me go. I wore a greenish yellow dress, it wasn't frilly, it swirled around my waist and shoulder.

I sighed, dresses were not my thing. Well, at least we get breakfast. Right? Yeah. Singing will be hard too, considering my voice isn't too right for the microphone.

So she won me over, with ice cream. Typical. I laughed at myself, alone in my room still trying to decide how I looked. I applied my gauges which were a swirl of a red and blue mixture on each one. I actually decided to curl my hair, or maybe this was a little too much. I groaned.

That guy at the ice cream stand looked suspicious. I rolled my eyes at myself, I'm too paranoid. I got up close to the mirror, applying eyeliner. I even added lipgloss to put down the fancy clothes. There was a knock on my door.

"Are you ready yet?"Angel asked me on the other side of the door.

This must have been payback.

"No!" I yelled childishly.

"Why not?" She asked, slightly amused.

"I'll look stupid." I said quietly.

"No you won't. " She replied in a sweet convincing tone.

"Angel." I started, "it's a dress."

She sighed. I took the alternative to speak first.

"I hope I'm not overdressed." I sighed. She knocked again, though she knew she didn't have to.

"You done changing?" She asked.

"Yeah." I replied and the door came open. I saw what she was wearing. I was mesmerized, she was gorgeous.

"Guess I'm not overdressed. Just saying, this dress does not match my hair and I don't even have shoes-" I stopped myself. Crap I was just blabbing on out of nervousness. "Help me?" I asked her, my eyes glistening.

"alright " She walked over to the closet throwing me a pair. I caught them hardly putting them on. They fit. I smiled and she nodded.

"ready?" she asked .

"uhm..yeah." I replied.

and then we were off to her church.