thirteen│malum

the platinum blonde had his arms wrapped securely around the small body he tucked closely to his chest, watching the heaving stomach of the sleeping figure pressed into his chest

the platinum blonde had his arms wrapped securely around the small body he tucked closely to his chest, watching the heaving stomach of the sleeping figure pressed into his chest. michael never stirred from his position, remaining still as a mouse. allowing the younger boy to fall sleep peacefully, the older boy kept his wide, protective eyes hovering over the peaceful figure.

calum had done nothing but sob on the journey home, body tucked between michael's sturdy yet slightly pudgy torso and the steering wheel. the younger attributed to nothing while the older teenager heaved the smaller one into his arms and carried him to his car, calum only clinging to michael tightly and fresh tears trickling down his cheeks; however, the one simple thing he managed to do was fight michael about being placed in the passenger seat. he chanted—through a broken sob and hoarse voice—about his wrong doing.

'i-i'm sor-rry, i'm so-sorry, so s-so so-sorry' murmured the shaken, frightened boy through cut up, swollen lips he gave himself. michael couldn't block out the dingy, broken words calum murmured over and over. hearing the words fall from his lips, his, michael's, angel thinking he did anything remotely wrong, destroyed michael completely.

nearly. michael, nearly, snapped from his bubbling anger, shattering himself from the furry of hearing calum—so broken. he nearly told calum to pipe down and shut it before he did it himself. struggling to contain himself and all the mixed emotions bounding around inside, he bit back the sharp words. they weren't good for him or calum; he was trying to be better for calum.

but michael was reeking havoc inside himself; an internal battle of soothing calum and not beating the crap out of ashton waged heavily inside him. knowing very well what side he needed to let lose, die, be slaughtered, he melted the flurry anger inside of him.

___

he slid into the drivers side with a sobbing boy clinging onto him."hush, baby," michael coaxed softly into calum's tousled, messy hair that desperately needed a trim. running his large, pale hand through his best friend's hair, michael pressed gentle kisses to his forehead. "i am right here. he's not gonna touch you—"

calum fisted michael's shirt until his black t-shirt became wrinkled up and tangled in between his fingers. blubbering weakly into the older boy's chest, calum shook his head weakly. he peaked up at the wary, emerald eyes examining him entirely, taking in every single detail of his pathetic, crying boy tightly latching onto him.

"n–no, n–no!" calum brokenly spat. tears seeped slowly out of his closed, scrunched up eyes. blunt, bitten finger nail dug into the thin material, nearly tearing the older boy's shirt apart. michael shut his mouth, cradling calum's limp body close to him, but calum pushed against his chest, squirming out of his hold. "i-i'm sor-sorry!" he shouted repetitively, refusing to glance up at michael. "s–sorry."