twelve│lashton

the hard part always seems to last forever

leaving behind two crips bill laying on the clean table piled up with two untouched coffee drinks. life had once been there, blossoming, but quickly seemed to die as someone left the plant uprooted from its life force. the two boys rose from the booth hidden away in the back of the coffee shop.

tan hands reached up towards the dark reddish-maroon beanie, tugging the thick fabric over his head and icy, red ears. his hands retracted from his head, sliding into his rigid jacket pockets that did little to warm his hands. burly jean jackets. the material doing nothing to help a body in desperate need of warmth. the jacket on held a sense of style with nothing else to include on the reputation.

ashton ducked his head into the yanked up collar, shielding his neck. he clutched onto the keys tucked away inside the right pocket of his jean jacket. cold fingers toyed with the freezing metal, unlocking the door to his mother's truck as his thumb slid over the button. listening closely towards his boyfriend's- luke's footsteps scuffing the cemented parking lot.

glancing back, hazel eyes catching the deep ocean blues, they shared unspoken words as the curly haired boy slid into his mother's car; pink, bitten-chapped lips thinning into a deep frown. quickly pursing his lips, ashton climbed into his mother's car and started the black suv. he was driving a mom car, it made him chuckle bitterly.

he whipped out of the parking lot without paying much attention to on coming traffic, his mind raced as he clutched the steering wheel until his knuckles bloomed new color of pink and white, the old yellow-fleshy color dying off quickly. anger bubbled up inside him as his struggled to get deeper breathes inside of him, glancing every now and then to see luke hot on his trail.

the anger inside him simply grew, building up piece by piece until he could feel the burn in his lungs and hot tears gathering in his eyes. this wasn't how it was suppose to be. ashton never held out on his anger, always having been the strength to let it go rather quickly. luke. luke was the one who wasn't easily angered, but once he was he couldn't let it go.

ashton got angry, but he let it go. his mind felt as a path of destruction with luke standing clear in his path. the screams of frustration inside his chest gathered, clawing up the backs of his throat like rakes to leaves. he could on feel the small crumbled of leaves left behind, the small, raw mesh of his flesh left hanging in his throat.

the buzzing of his phone rattled his bones, tears trickled down his hallow cheeks. feeling the constant buzz annoying of his phone against his thigh drawn out a gasp of frustration. he ripped his hand away from the wheel, snatching the phone out his pocket. he doubled clicked the lock button to shut the damn electronic off.

hazel eyes peeked into the rear view, taking in his boyfriend in the vehicle trailing closely behind him. the dark blue eyes met him, the lack of emotion flooding away from his face. the pale blonde's jaw was set tight as he stared at the hazel eyes a little longer. ashton ripped his eyes away, returning his gaze towards the road as he closed in on the road nearing his house.

arriving at the quiet, suburban neighborhood, ashton sharply turned his mother vehicle towards the right; his body jerked towards the side with the car. an exasperated breathe flowed from his lungs, filtering through his mom's car as he place the vehicle in park. the previously empty park spot had been filled with two cars, each cutting of the ignition and bodies climbing out.

ashton gripped the keys softly, rolling his neck from side to side and shrugging his shoulders a bit to released the tension from deep inside him. listening intently to luke's angry movement, loud converse slapped heavily against the cemented ground. the blonde boy had cross proximity between the two cars, blocking the shorter boy off from reaching the entrance of his house and backing homs towards the car.