Chapter Seventeen

Clay

After riding on a bunch of rides with Juliette, she said she needed to go to the bathroom, so she went in while I waited for her outside. I scanned the area to see if I could find Parson or Olivia, but instead it was Taylor I found. And she was struttin' her sorry ass right up to me.

"The hell you want?" I asked.

"Look, Clay, I don't know what the hell I did, but you need to chill the fuck out, alright?"

"You're with Juliette's asshole ex who dumped her for bein' sad. And you've been completely ignoring her. Just - Just get the hell out of my face. You have no idea what she's going through right now, and you're not here for her. You don't even know anything that's going on with her."

She scoffed. "You think I don't know about Sean and Winona?"

The anger slowly began to slip from my face. She knew?

"Juliette said she didn't tell anyone except me." I said.

"She didn't have to tell me, I knew from the get-go. It's so fucking obvious, Clay. The only reason Ian and Abe don't know is 'cause they're oblivious."

"Why didn't you tell anyone?"

She scoffed like I was an idiot. "Are you stupid? Clay, if she didn't tell me or anyone  for that fact in the first place, she wouldn't want me telling anyone. She thinks she can handle those situations, she thinks she can contain what's happening, but she can't." Her voice began to thicken with tears and the anger slowly slipped away. Her eyebrows curved up and her eyes looked at the ground. "I didn't tell anyone because I was afraid they'd kill her if they found out the cops were comin' for 'em." She looked back at me "She's my best friend, Clay, and I love her to death. And Ian and I aren't even together, he just made that rumor to piss her off for some reason."

I swallowed. I felt like a total asshole.

"She's got a court hearing tomorrow. Judge'll decide if she stays with them or me." I said. "You should come. Be there for her."

She nodded slowly. "What time?"

"Two."

"I'll be there."

Juliette suddenly exited the bathroom and stared at Taylor and I. "What's going on?"

Taylor walked to Juliette and held her hands. "Ian and I are not together. He's just some desperate asshole."

Juliette shrugged. "I wouldn't mind. He's nothing to me, really."

Taylor chuckled. "You and me both." She sighed. "I'll be there tomorrow."

Juliette frowned, then stared at me with the same look of betrayal she had today when she left with the cops.

"Hey," Taylor grabbed her face. "He didn't have to. I've known for a while. And I'm here for you if you wanna talk."

Juliette stared at Taylor and she let out a sob, a smile on her face, tears streaming down her face, and she hugged Taylor, letting out a big sigh. I smiled and Taylor kissed her head, then walked off with Ian. I looked at Juliette and she hugged me tight.

"I love you," she murmured.

I chuckled and stroked her cheek as I tilted her head up so I could see her beautiful face. "I love you too, butterfly."

She smiled and I gazed at her beautiful lips. I wanted them so bad. She giggled and kissed me. I gently nibbled her lip and she grinned and kissed my neck, taking my hand and both of us walking to a ride.