Chapter Three

Juliette

After Kyle and I stopped to get some Wendy's, we went to his house and walked inside. It was empty, so I figured his mom was still at work. I let me wear a pair of his sweatpants and after I put them on, we went to the living room and ate while watching adult cartoons that we both loved.

I felt his fingertips stroke my cheek and run through my hair here and there as we ate and watched TV, and I wished every guy was like this; kind and funny and considerate. I wished he was my age. I'd date him on the spot.

"You're not helping," I muttered, moving his hand away, but he latched onto my hand and I held the back of his hand to my cheek. "You can't be nice to me 'cause you're leaving."

"Don't be mad, Jules."

"Well, I am."

He sighed softly, set his food down, then pulled me into his lap and turned the TV off so I wouldn't have anything to be able to look at. I kept my eyes on the black screen, but he grabbed my chin and turned me to him.

"I'm sorry," he said softly. "I'd stay if I could, but I need to get a good job. You have no idea how much I wanna bring you with me."

I sighed and he pulled me to him, kissing me softly, and I gently held his face, kissing him back, but I was just so sad. I didn't want Kyle to go. Who would save me from Logan? The others were scared of him. I sighed and buried my face into the side of his neck, closing my eyes, and he kissed my cheek, tightening his arms around me after turning the TV back on, laying back and rubbing my back, my exhaustion soon consuming me.

******

I woke up in Kyle's arms. He was still watching TV, but he looked like he just woke up. I groaned softly and rolled on my right side, facing the TV, and he tightened his left arm around me.

"When's your mom coming home?" I asked softly.

"I dunno. Why?"

I shrugged and sighed, looking at his hand. He fiddled with my fingers and I smiled slightly. He planted a soft kiss on my cheek and rubbed his cheek against mine, sighing heavily. A part of me honestly wished we could date because he took care of me so much. He made sure I was happy and safe.

"What's on your mind?" he murmured.

I sighed. "I dunno."

He chuckled softly and pulled me to him. I rolled on my back and looked at him, and he looked back at me, his tired eyes looking back at mine. We looked at each other silently for a while and he slowly began to smile.

"What?" I asked softly.

"You're so cute," he said.

I grinned nervously and he laughed, pulling me closer to him and rubbing his nose against mine.

"Why can't you be my age?" I asked softly.

"I'm sorry. Those years are long gone."

I sighed a third time and he moved closer to me, kissing me softly. I held his face, pulling him closer to me and kissing him back, which made him smile and hold my waist, kissing my cheek and the side of my neck.

"C'mon, it's late," he said softly. "We need to get some sleep."

I nodded slightly and he picked me up, carrying me to his room and throwing me on his bed, undressing into a pair of basketball shorts, then he crawled into the bed and pulled me against his body, turning his TV on and wiggling around to get comfortable which made me laugh.

I rested my head on his bare, hairless chest and watched the colorful screen, my eyelids heavy, his fingertips tracing up and down my spine, his other hand suddenly gripping my butt. I gasped and smacked his chest, and he laughed, letting go and crawling on me, smirking. I grinned slightly and he kissed my nose, then lips and rolled off of me, pulling me back on him and squeezing me tight.

"Sleep good, Juliette," he said softly.

"You too, Kyle," I murmured.

******

The next morning, Kyle dropped me off at home because he had work, and when I walked inside, Sean and Winona were arguing in the living room like usual, and I tried to sneak upstairs, but Winona caught me.

"Where the fuck were you?!" she demanded, grabbing my ear and yanking me to her. "Sean says you left with Kyle!"

I grunted in pain and let her scream and smack me until it was Sean's turn. She left to go shopping and Sean grabbed me by my hair, yanking me downstairs to the basement. He slammed me against the wall and got his boxing gloves. Sean was a boxing champion at his school, and he practiced on me when I was bad, when I wasn't doing anything, or just because he felt like it.

He grinned evilly at me, then threw a punch to my left cheek, my head getting thrown to the right. Then he punched my gut, my face again, my head, my chest, and my ribs. He hit my ears a few times which made a ringing noise in my head.

After about ten or fifteen minutes, he left me bloody, broken, and bruised. I probably had a broken nose. But I wouldn't be able to get it fixed because Winona and Sean wouldn't, and George didn't know they were doing this much damage to me, because I couldn't tell. He just thought they yelled at me a lot. Poor man.

While George was busy napping, I snuck back upstairs to the bathroom and washed the blood from my face. I ran my tongue over a cut on my bottom lip, both lips swollen, my eye bruised and swollen too.

Just ran into a door, Juliette. Remember, just ran into a door.

Hopefully the bruises would be almost gone by tomorrow. I didn't need to look like a rat for the first day of school.