Chapter Sixteen

Clay

"I gotta do somethin'," I told Parson and Olivia as we all sat in Parson's room. "I gotta get her somethin' or somethin'."

"No you don't," Parson frowned. "You didn't do nothin'."

"I took her family from her, Parson! We all did! If the judge believes what's true, she won't have anyone left! She'll be an orphan again."

Parson and Olivia had guilt written all over their faces. They sighed.

"Well, what about Applefest?" Olivia asked. "It's tonight, it started yesterday."

Applefest was a fair that had food trucks, games, and a bunch of rides. It was so cool at night because of the millions of bright lights on the rights. We went every year.

"Yeah, take her to Applefest," Parson said.

I nodded slightly and sighed.

******

Juliette

"Grocery shopping?" I asked Clay, Parson, and Olivia. "But it has to be exactly at ten at night?"

"Yeah." Parson smiled. "And wear something nice. Do your hair, do your makeup."

"Why? It's grocery shopping?"

"'Cause what if there's a cute boy?"

Clay glared at his brother.

"We can get ready together!" Olivia exclaimed, giggling.

I smiled slightly. Now that Taylor and I were kind of distanced with her having a boyfriend, I was looking forward to getting ready with a girl. I always wanted to feel like I had a sister.

"Alright, fine," I said.

Olivia whooped and picked me up, spinning me around. "You are my favorite."

I chuckled.

      It was nine pm, and Olivia was getting ready first, and I was helping her straighten her hair since her hair was naturally really  curly. She finished doing her makeup, then she got dressed into a white bralette and ripped high top shorts with flip flops.

"I love how you do my hair," Olivia said. "You're so gentle and you got every single strand. My friends and I are awful at doing my hair."

I chuckled and she sat me in front of the large mirror she was using, sitting behind me to start curling my hair, and I began to put on mascara.

"So, you and Clay," Olivia grinned. "Last night."

"We didn't do anything besides what you saw," I chuckled. "Don't worry. But you and Parson. Last night."

She chuckled. Then she sighed. "Can I tell you a secret?"

"Yeah." I replied. "I'm awesome at keeping secrets."

She smiled with a sigh. "I'm pregnant."

My jaw hit the floor. "What?! D - Does he know?!"

"Yeah. He's the one who really wanted a family. He said he's gonna get us a home and we're gonna be a good family."

I smiled. I was happy for them.

"But Clay doesn't know, and neither do his parents. We're trying to wait."

"Well, make sure you tell them before you start showing."

She chuckled. "You, young lady, are my favorite."

I smiled.

"So, you like Clay?"

"A lot." I replied. "Like, a lot a lot."

"Aw. That makes my heart happy. He takes care of you?"

I nodded.

"You should know he loves more than anything in the entire world. And I mean anything. He could never get a girlfriend or many friends because of his Tourette's. But in one day, he got four friends and, in about seven months, a girlfriend. You made his teenage years better."

I smiled. I loved that I meant so much to him.

"So I think you should wear a crop top and high waisted ripped jeans."

I nodded and got dressed into a black crop top with a pink frosted and colorful sprinkled doughnut on the top left corner and light blue high waisted ripped jeans and a pair of white Converse. I put on some chapstick to help with my healing lips that I began to stop biting. I guess because I wouldn't have the Harris' in my life anymore, I was less anxious and worried. I liked it.

Olivia and I doused ourselves in vanilla or candy scented perfume, then raced upstairs to see the boys waiting by the front door. Parson was wearing brown khaki shorts and a blue t-shirt with white tennis shoes. Clay was wearing a red Nike sweatshirt and brown khaki pants with black tennis shoes. He smiled when he saw me. I walked over to him.

"'Sup, gorgeous." he said, pulling me to him and kissing me. I smiled and held his face, kissing him back.

"Alright, let's get going." Parson said, and the four of us got in Parson's car and left.

      As we drove on the dark road, I realized we were getting closer to a bunch of bright lights and rides. I was extremely confused. I looked at Clay to see if he was as confused as I was, but he was on his phone.

"What happened to going to the grocery store?" I asked.

No one responded. I looked over. Clay was smiling.

When we got to where the lights were, I realized where we were; Applefest.

"What are we doing here?" I asked.

Clay grabbed my jaw and pulled me to him, kissing me softly. "Surprise."

I gasped and punched his arm. "Clay!"

"Ay, why you gotta hurt me, baby?" he asked.

I squealed excitedly and kissed him, jumping out of the car. I had never been to Applefest before, but I heard it was amazing. I hugged Clay tight when he got out of the car and he laughed, picking me up on his back, the four of us walking to get out tickets. Parson decided we should get wristbands, so we did, then he and Olivia left to go do their own thing and meet up with some friends.

"Whatcha wanna ride first?" Clay asked.

I smiled huge as I looked at him.

"What?" he chuckled.

"Thank you," I said softly.

He smiled and pulled me to him. "You're welcome, butterfly."

I smiled and rested my hand on the back of his neck, beginning to kiss him when he moved his head. I looked at him and saw him glaring at someone to the left of him but the right of me. I looked over to see who he was glaring at, and finally saw; Ian and his NEW girlfriend,... Taylor.

"Hey," I said to Clay. "It's okay."

"I hate him. Both of 'em."

"Hey," I grabbed his face. "They're irrelevant, right?"

He sighed and I smiled, gently biting my lip before kissing him. He buried a hand in my hair, then grabbed my butt with a loud smack with the other, making me gasp and laugh. I slowly moved back after a while and he had a huge grin on his face. We looked at the two and Taylor was yelling at him and pushing him, then she stormed off.

"He was glarin' at us." Clay murmured in my ear.

I smiled.

Ian looked over at us and we wiggled our fingers tauntingly at him, then walked off.

"That felt good." I said as we got in line for the swings ride.

"What, the kiss, the ass smack-slash-grab, or pissing Ian off."

I smiled at my shoes. "All the above."

He laughed and pulled me to him, kissing me. "Me too."

I bit my lip.