Chapter 18: Fighting

Author's Note: Since I'll be in Canada, I won't have time to post. Maybe I will, but I doubt I'll post anything. This should keep you busy though! Remember to fan, comment, and vote to have a story dedicated to you! This chapter is dedicated to DemigodMalfoyFrom11, one of my bestest buddies at school. Check out her stories, they're amazing! She has commented twice, voted on almost all of my chaapters, and has fanned me, so I'll write about her. She's always there to help me and support me, and she encourages me to keep writing by telling me how good this book is and telling me to write more. She's a great writer, and she should get credited. Check out her stories! The deadline is Thursday, May 31. Enjoy!

The scream vibrates throughout the room, coming from President Snow, who is staring down at me, lying helpless on the ground. I scramble back, but I cannot stop wondering why he's screaming.

Why is he screaming? If he saw me, he doesn't need to scream!

That's what leads me to believe that he's screaming at something else, but no, definetly at me. But why? I scramble backwards and regain my feet, only to trip over the couch and fall backwards on my head. For now, I push the thought out of my head and decide to focus on the present.

President Snow stops screaming and slowly steps towards me, treating me like a wild animal. He ever so slowly begins to reach out his hands, to touch me....

What the crap?! I slap his hand away and he stares at me with fright in his eyes. Maybe not fright. No, he's not scared. But there's something in his eyes, and for a second, I realize it's me. MY reflection. But why is it....

My thoughts are interrupted by Jasper, who runs out of the room and almost runs into Snow. But he drives his feet into the ground and stands up straight, and his eyes grow in wonder as he sees me. I see the same thing in both of their eyes, but I can't define it...

Suddenly, from behind Snow, Jasper flicks his head. It takes a while to understand what he means, but finally, I grasp it. He is pointing and pointing with his head to a secret door in the back that I missed before. It's just the slightest motion, but it means all the difference to me. Who knows, this escape plan might just save my life.

I scramble back onto my feet before Snow can react and lunge to the door. I grab the knob and twist it open, being greeted by a musty odor that crawles up my nose and makes me dizzy. I can't see a thing inside, which is why I hesitate before going in. And that's where I made my biggest mistake.

I am caught from the side by Snow, who drives me into the wall and momentarily blinds me. I collapse onto the floor and struggle to keep my eyes open, even if it lets in all the dust that's escaping from the open door near me. My lungs seem to collapse in on me, and before soon, I'm finding it hard to breathe. But before I can react, Snow picks me up and throws me across the room like a ragdoll, having me collapse into the coffee table and breaking the mug that sits on it. The table collapses under my weight and both of us go down, me crushing it like an ant. By now, Jasper and Snow are struggling to get to me first, which I don't yet understand. I don't understand any of it.

I don't understand why Jasper would lead me to an escape.

I don't understand why Jasper would want to save Crystal and I.

I don't understand why Jasper, old and new, gave me that look I could never place.

I don't understand why Snow is purposely trying to kill me.

And I don't understand why Jasper is trying to get to me first.

Snow punches Jasper in the side of the head, which should have knocked him out. But Jasper stays awake, only for something worse. Snow drops him on the ground, picks up a lamp, and smashes it over his skull. Jasper now has cuts everywhere, and he lies on the floor, limp. And all this time, I'm lying on the ground, under a million peices of glass and wood. That's when Snow turns on me.