Chapter 9 ~ So... Shopping

Chapter 9 ― So... Shopping

“Please!” I begged pulling Belle’s arm over and over again. “A quick look. I promise! It won’t take five minutes.”

“That’s what you always say and you take five hours!” She protested and I rolled my eyes. I never took that long. Two hours maybe, not five. She was overreacting.

We were at the shop and they wouldn’t let me go see the electronic department. The only thing I liked about the mall, besides food, was that department. There were always so many new things, new software programs, new gadgets. It was heaven for a geeky girl like me. But that day we went to buy clothes and I was in pain for that reason. I would never understand how people could enjoy going out shopping, it was the most infuriating thing ever.

“You’re no fun!” I moaned pouting like a little girl, I even crossed my arms over my chest and Phebs laughed. She and Belle had several bags in their hands whilst I only got one black trouser, a new grey t-shirt and a mini skirt. I tried to buy some men’s clothes, but Belle didn’t allow it. She tried to make me buy a dress, but I refused roundly.

I tried to go to men’s section again, I wanted a shirt I saw in a mannequin, but Belle saw me again and grabbed me by the elbow. “Where do you think you are going?” She asked and I mumbled a curse under my breath. That girl could be a spy, seriously, nothing could escape her sight.

“I was going to buy a present?” I tried but she looked at me sceptically and I knew it was useless.

“No, missy. We’re not finished yet, so keep walking with us.” I sighed and followed the dictator of shopping. Belle was the kind of girl who seemed nice and fun, but get her to the shop and she becomes another person! Another totally terrifying person.

We went into another shop and Belle and Phebs bought more stuff. I looked around but nothing caught my attention. I was luckier in my brother’s room. And I wasn’t kidding. When Belle was finally satisfied, I smiled hopping we could finally go home. I wasn’t feeling well since that morning, my belly hurt and I felt like staying in bed the whole day. Literally, the girl dragged me here. But I was wrong again because we still had to go to the bookshop. I liked in there, though; the smell and calmness, but I wasn’t a bookworm like Phebs. Even though, she sometimes recommended me a book and I enjoyed it very much. She knew me well and knew what kind of book I would like.

If Belle acted like a crazy person in the women’s department and I transformed in the electronic department, you had to see Phebs in a bookshop. She jumped around like a bunny, taking in her hands as many books as she could, screaming, squeaking even crying of sheer happiness. She was lovely, though.

“Oh, God! They have Dreamless!” She screamed dropping all the books she had and grabbing another one with a beautiful cover: A girl with wavy clothes against a sunset in a beach. “Lucas!” I had no idea who was the boy she was screaming for, but I assumed he was the main character. I just laughed at my lovely friend.

She bought six new books and made me buy two for me. She said it was a series I was going to love with all my heart and I believed her. She was never wrong with me. “May we finally go now? I’m not feeling well and I miss my bed,” I said with my best puppy eyes. My two friends smiled and we made our way home.

We had to pack our things since the boys would pick us up at dinnertime and I had too many things to do, but I only wanted to go to bed. My belly hurt more than before and I started to feel a bit grumpy. Maybe I needed something sweet.

Once we got home, I went straight into the kitchen and grabbed the Nutella from the cabinet and started to eat it with a teaspoon. One of the most beautiful things in the world was the taste of Nutella. Soon the girls appeared in the kitchen and grabbed spoons for themselves and then we all were enjoying together.