V. Leading Ladies

I had never been so scared to be on a film set before. I got about three hours of sleep and I was tossing and turning all night, so I had a really bad feeling that things were not going to go so well.

I took a shower, put on some jeans and a shirt, and headed to the other building where hair and makeup were being done. I did my best to avoid running into Mads, and I was successful. I was hoping that I had had a nightmare and was hallucinating, but the twenty minutes I spent staring at the sticky note before I left the room solidified the antithesis.

Knowing how confused I was I assumed Mads was just as. I mean he should have assumed that I was gong to want to know what he had said.

Well maybe he wanted you to know. That's why he wrote it down correctly. What if he said something mean? He wouldn't do that. Would he? Of course not, I just met him. What bad thing could he say about me.

When I made it to the room the lady who had done my makeup yesterday was eating a bagel.

"Well darling you're early."

"Yeah I know, I just needed somewhere to be." I said as I sat down on my makeup chair in front of the mirror.

"Ahhh I see. So is this a boy problem?" She smiled.

Looking at her through the mirror I decided I wouldn't mind some advice from her.

"Sort of. I'm just a lot more anxious and confused than I normally am and it's making me uncomfortable."

"Well," she shook off some crumbs from her hand and walked toward me, "if it's a boy that is making you feel this way then you need to get rid of him. A pretty and successful girl like you should not have to be worried about guys. Guys are dumb. They don't have a clue."

Okay so it wasn't the well articulated piece of wisdom I was hoping for but it did help me put things into a bit more perspective.

***

About an hour and a half later I was transformed into Anna Patrick, complete with a grey cardigan, a blush toned cami and a pair of jeans. My hair was naturally curly but the hairstylist preferred to re curl it, and some light makeup. I walked out of the room with a small piece of the weight of my shoulders.

Plan C, act like nothing ever happened.

***

"So, did you get my note?" Mads smiled as we were setting up for the first scene of the day. My heart sank and I stood frozen as Sawyer was telling the room full of extras what they were to be doing.

So much for plan C.

"Your note?"

"You were trying to figure out what I told you. Your spelling was pretty good for someone who doesn't know Danish."

I took a step back from my hiding spot where Mads had ambushed me. Sawyers voice rang throughout the room as the excited extras were told to act casual and to act like they would in their normal college class.

"I was curious yes, but I umm was just..." I trailed off as I realized that my sad excuse for any other logical reasoning would sound like complete bullshit.

"What did you say?" I got up the courage to ask him, but before he could answer Sawyer called us over to talk.

"Alright guys, so remember what I was telling you before, you just have to walk in, follow the script and we should be good to go. Mads I know we talked about how you would be sitting at your desk reading but we are going to shoot it first with you teaching the class when Anna walks in and then we can shoot it the other way later, okay? Good." Sawyer said with about two whole breaths.