XXI. Cherry

"Two double bacons, a medium soda and a medium milkshake, and two large French fries

"Two double bacons, a medium soda and a medium milkshake, and two large French fries." Mads shouts to the speaker of the Five Guys, he had a hand on my knee, feeling the joint with his fingertips. His expensive LWB Range Rover was almost comical in their cheap drive-through with its white exterior and red-brown leather seats.

"Would you like anything else?" The nosy voice asks.

"No." He responds. He drives forward, giggling. "Believe or not, it's been a while since I last ate drive-through. It's really good when you can order whatever without worrying about the money."

"It's indeed renewing." I joke. "You had to see me when I got my first paycheck, Mads. There were stars in my eyes."

He smiles, with his hand still resting on my knee. "What else brings stars to your eyes?"

"Do I hear some undertones in that?" I say licking my dry lips.

He casually takes his credit card from his jeans' pocket. "Tonight we find out."

---

I wasn't expecting anywhere fancy

I wasn't expecting anywhere fancy. The place where the university was located was really in the middle of nowhere in a middle of nowhere inside the United States. This was the neon-lights-somebody-probably-died-in-here kind of motel. Not that I ever been to many but I could easily recognize the vibes of it just from its attendant. The young girl who seemed old and underage at the same time with her badly structured makeup. Not quite a Norman Bates.

"What does your best room have? I don't mind the price" Mads asks again she didn't seem to understand the first time.

"King sized bed, large sized windows and bathtub, ambiance music, heat, super soft pillows... That's basically it." She says stopping to chew her tongue.

"We'll have that." He says unbelievably calm.

She types something harshly on her computer. "One night, sir?" He nods and she's back into typing. "Can I have her I.D.?"

"My what?!"" I say perplexed. Since when do I look 16?

"Reed, just give it to her, mine elskov." He says calming me down. I pick my I.D. in my wallet against my will. She holds it with long manicured nails and places on he balcony again.