Chapter 9

Adam's POV

  God damn she was beautiful.

  "What? Dude, you acting weird today. Better not let Coach see you like this," Tony looked at me weirdly. Oh shit. I gotta keep my mouth shut next time. "Oh, is it because of that new chick?" He nudged me, winking. He knew that whenever I wanted a girl, I would always get her.

  "No man, I won't take advantage of her," that was half true, actually. I was going to try and kiss her though, just for an experiment maybe, but not be in a relationship or whatever. The tuition thing's going to be an amazing success! I was actually just a little tired of all those desperate girls climbing all over me, but I enjoyed their attention when I needed it.

  "Anyway, how's it going with you and Tania?" Tony was also like me, a player, just that he actually went into relationships. They never lasted long. Tania was kind of like a sister to me, so I didn't really want her to get hurt.

  "I don't know man, I just... I really like her!" Tony blurted out. Woah, that was so not like him to admit these kind of stuff. "I'm getting so nervous and shit, like when she was at your party and talked to me, I swear she could hear my heartbeat."

  "You got it bad for her dude!" I chuckled. My eyes unknowingly searched the cafetaria for Sarah again. Suddenly, Jessica's barbie-like face appeared in front of me. "What the- Oh hi babe."

  She slipped into my lap and we immediately started making out. I kissed her so many times, I knew exactly what her lips felt like. Chalky. She probably applied to much lipstick, but I couldn't concentrate with her chest pressing into mine. For some reason, I could feel Sarah's gaze raking me. Jessica pulled away, pouting slightly.

  "You aren't in the mood today," she said, touching my knee.

  "I'm just... Tired, that's all." Right. Some excuse. She knew I slept at nine everyday, I was never tired, especially not in a kiss.

  "Yeah whatever," she twirled her hair. I don't understand why girls like to do that. It isn't attractive, it just seems like you're trying to tangle your hair up. "This is about the new girl, Sarah, right?" Yes. That was it. But of course I couldn't tell her that.

  "No, why would that affect me?" I tried to act nonchalant, as if I didn't care. "I have you." Wow, I was laying on the flattery pretty thick, but it worked. Once again, we were almost dry humping each other.

  "What the shit man, stop it! It's in the middle of the cafetaria," Tony hissed, breaking the make out.

  "What was that for?" I muttered angrily. Jessica walked off to her cheerleaders' table and I couldn't help but glance at that nice ass. Unknowingly, I felt myself comparing hers to that of Sarah's. In her jeans, her ass looked perfect, like it belonged to a Victoria Secret's model or something. Well, Sarah's looks could definitely get into that too.

  The bell rang, snapping me out of my thoughts. Whoa, wait a minute. Did I just check out Sarah in my mind? Oh God, I really needed to stop. For some strange reason, I felt extremely defensive. What was the harm in that? I was going to try and kiss Sarah one day. And she was going to kiss me back, but we wouldn't have a relationship, just a safe little make out.

  It was a little vow I made in my head. I had to stick to it. Just a kiss, nothing more. Maybe I could add another kiss- No. Stop it Adam, she's going to be just your friend, so stop acting like she's your 'target' or something.

  "Okay it's definitely that chick." Tony said. I turned to him and saw that he was smirking. "I'm always right when it comes to who's got it bad for who. And you, my man, are thinking an awful lot of her, aren't you?"