Chapter 7

Sarah's POV

   When I went to school the next day, it was the usual, students milling about me without even glancing at me. Everyone had their own group of friends. I felt a pang of sadness. Why was I so bad at making friends? It seemed that no matter how hard I tried, I still remained invisible. But I remembered Tania. She was my friend. A crazy one at that, but a great friend non the less.

  "Sarah!" Tania screamed in my ear, making everyone turn around and look at us. I quicky pulled my hoodie down and tried to hide. "Don't hide, why are you so timid?"

  Tania grabbed my hoodie and yanked it off quite violently, revealing my favourite plain purple T-Shirt. "What are you wearing?" she asked. "My goodness Sarah, you really need to change your style. It's plain and boring! Believe me, if you wore better clothes you could attract more guys." She winked.

  I sighed and said, "Tania, you know me, I don't need attention. I don't want attention."

  "Kay whatever, but after school you gotta come shopping with me, alright?" Tania shouted and went to her own class, leaving me to trudge slowly to mine.

  "Ugh, just look at her clothes, it's so lame." The high pitched voice came from behind. I clenched my fists and gritted my teeth. "My gosh, if anyone wore that in my clique I would so kick her out."

  "Look," I turned around and hissed at Jessica and her usual group of sluts. "If you guys are so critical about what other people are wearing, why don't you just shut the hell up."

  I walked coolly off, hearing shouts of annoyance and went to my History class, preparing for shut down. I've heard that History was very boring, and experienced it in my old school. But to my surprise, Mr. Poppins was teaching History. Mr. Poppins was my mum's friend, he was very funny and cracked jokes now and then.

  No wonder I didn't see anyone's eyelids drooping.

  "Hello class!" Mr. Poppins cried. "You should know who I am, if not, I'm Mr Poppins, your History teacher. So, how do you guys feel about being seniors this year?"

  "Well, we'd miss our friends when prom comes, but we gotta move on," a boy who was sitting at the front said.

  "True," Mr Poppins nodded his head. "Alright, so... History. Now I know many of you may not like History, but you guys know me, right? It should be pretty interesting for those who want to learn. First, we're going to set up groups."

  I was in Group 5, with Anne, Matt, Roxanne and Leo. We did loads of interesting stuff, and after what felt like only a minute, the bell rang. Strangely, History seemed to be much more fun with Mr Poppins as our teacher.

  The next class was Maths, I had to sit in front of Adam again. As usual, almost the whole class of girls were there, just flocking around him while I tried to concentrate on reading my book, waiting for Mr. Rogers to come in. He didn't seem to mind Adam's usual flock of girls at all, maybe he was used to it. He also gave little rewards to us when we did well in tests or mock papers, which I was always looking forward to.

   Just as Mr. Rogers came in, all the girls quickly rushed to their seats. I could feel Adam staring at me. I felt like rolling my eyes. If he thought he was going to "use" me as another sex buddy or something, well, he was terribly wrong. He wasn't even my friend. Not much like a friend. Suddenly I felt like my stomach was contracting and it felt really painful. I didn't eat much for breakfast. Just a cup of Milo and I left for school.

  It must've been pretty dramatic because even Adam, from behind, noticed me clutching my stomach in pain. He whispered to me, "Are you okay? I'll bring you to the nurse's office."