Chapter 6

Sarah's POV

   I told Tania about the plan that evening. She downright told me to stop being childish and tell him the truth. The plan was that I would tell him that I liked Adam (which I don't), which means lying to him. And I was going to drag Tania into it. Too bad she had other ideas...

   "You can't lie to him! What if he tells Adam? Huh? What would you do then?" Tania screeched in my ear. Even on telephone, she sounded as if she was just beside me.

   "Look, I just don't want to hurt him, he's nice but I'm not loving anyone in such a short period of time." I tried to reason with her.

   I could just practically feel her rolling her eyes. "You think that by lying to him he wouldn't feel hurt? Just say that you're not ready for a relationship blah blah, which is the truth. Frankly, if you told him that and if you got Adam to be your 'boyfriend', it would be a bigger matter altogether! So stop pondering and tell him the truth."

  "But... well, I guess you're right."

  "That's my girl!" Tania said. "Now go call him."

   "Alright, see you," I put down the phone and dialled Scott, with a sense of impending doom. "Hello, Scott?"

   "Hey Sarah," Scott said.

  "Um... I've thought it through, but I don't think I'm ready for a relationship or anything like that yet, I'm sorry."

  "It's okay... I don't think I am either," Scott nervously said. "It's okay, Sarah, I respect your decisions. Take your time if you need."

  "Okay then, see you in school," I said, cutting off the call. I closed my eyes and leaned against the walll. It was so hard trying to talk about these matters. What if I said something wrong?

   Suddenly my phone rang again. I picked up the call and immediately yawned into the receiver.

  "Oh crap, sorry, yeah what's up Tania?" I rubbed my eyes, feeling sleepy.

  "Had a rough day eh?" A voice that was definitely not Tania's said.

  I quickly snapped my eyes open, and asked, "Who are you?"

  "The so-called playboy?" Adam said. "Anyway, I called because I want to know what's up with you and Scott. He's my buddy and... well, anything happened?"

  "I told him that I wasn't ready for a relationship, I only knew him for a week! Anyway, why should you call me? Why don't you ask Scott?" I retorted.

  "Well, I tried calling him but nobody answered, so I called you instead."

  "Okay, well see you then."

  "See you."

  When the call ended, I fell back onto my bed and covered my face with a pillow. It was only my second week in a new school and so many things had happened. Though this school was much much better than my old one. As I switched off my night light, I thought about love. Did it really exist? Or was it just another expression of like? I closed my eyes and drifted off into thoughts of love. And like.

Author's Note

  Okay I'm so sorry this was a short one, and it took such a long time. This was a sorta boring one with loads of dialogues. I love dialogues, if there was a book with very little dialogues I would not read it. I used to read the dialogues aloud, changing my voices between male characters and female ones. But I'll try to add in more description, of course. I love describing people and things :) Song of the week is The One That Got Away by Katy Perry. Man I love that song! Thanks for reading :D

  Love,

    Joey