Chapter 5

Sarah's POV

  Colin apologized to me today but it's not like I'm all chummy with him or anything like that, I don't forget so easily.

  "Sarah! What were you thinking?!" Tania shouted at me after school, after I waved goodbye to Adam and Scott. "Rejecting Scott like that?!"

  "What?!" I widened me eyes. "What do you mean rejecting? I ain't rejecting nobody! And he didn't ask, for your information."

  "But... But what about last Friday? Did that kiss meant nothing to you?"

  "Of course not, I'm a zombie if it meant nothing to me."

  "Then? Don't you like him?"

  "Well yeah, maybe just as a crush, but not like love or anything like that."

  "So... you guys aren't together?"

  "Tania! We just met last week, for goodness sake! And you expect us to be all smoochy and lovey-dovey?"

  "But.. well," I could see Tania was trying to swallow her laughter. "You were last Friday..."

  She burst out laughing and I rolled my eyes. Tania was just one crazy hell of a girl, while I was a serious kind of you know, boring and stuff. At least that's what I thought.

  "Okay, okay, I get it," she said, still doubling back with laughter. Seriously? Laughing just because we were so-called 'lovey-dovey and all smoochy'? Girl.

"I won't bug you anymore, but if you got any problems, come to Mama Tania, okay?" she said in an accent that made me feel like throwing up. But I felt her sincerity.

  "Yeah sure, Mama Tania," I smiled.

  "You want a ride home?" she asked. Without waiting for my answer she dragged me to her car and plopped me in the passenger seat. This car was retro, I thought as I scanned it. Colourful paint, white retro seats, well, the car looked awesome!

  "Why? Checking out my car? Hot, yeah I know," Tania joked and we both laughed all the way home, listening to songs and just chatting.

  I was dropped off by 'Mama Tania' with a "Remember, chicko!" and staggered to my room. It was a tiring day and I quickly dumped everything on my bed, went to take a refreshing shower and check my phone for messages.

  I was surprised when I saw a text from Adam, apparently, who introduced himself as the 'guy behind you'.

  This was how our conversation went:

Adam: Hey Sarah, I'm the guy behind you. Guess who?

Me: Obviously Adam, the playboy. Where did you get my phone number? I don't remember giving it to you.

Adam: I've got my sources. Anyway, um, about Scott...

Me: Why? What about Scott?

Adam: Well, you know it's none of business really, but he was wondering if you could meet him at... Retro Street Cafe at five today. He told me to send this to you.

Me: Doesn't he have my phone number? Why does he have to have you relay the message?

Adam: Don't ask too many questions, you know Scott, he's shy. All I know is that you guys are gonna have a heart-to-heart talk today. Not that I care.

Me: Okay thanks.

   Heart-to-heart talk? Oh no...My blood ran cold. Was Scott going to ask me? Oh shit, what was I going to say? My thoughts quickly flitted. Call Tania.