Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Niall’s POV

I got up from the couch and headed to the door to see that it was Claire. There she was, standing in the door way. “Umm, do you want to come in?” I heard Harry whisper not taking his eyes off of her. “Thanks.” She smiled and walked in. She was about the same height as me, with blue/gray eyes, long light brown hair, and olive skin. Harry shut the door and was now standing beside me.

“So, why are you here?” I asked her, folding my arms across my chest, not hiding the disgust in my voice.

“Oh, I’m here visiting some family for a couple of days and I thought why not come and visit Harry also.” She smiled that fake smile I still remember, placing her hand on Harry’s forearm. I glared at her, not wanting her to touch him. I’ve never liked Claire, I didn’t like it when she was friends with Harry and I didn’t like it when they started dating. And I know for sure that she didn’t like me. 

Lately Harry hasn’t seemed like himself. He’s been down a lot and he really hasn’t talked much. I wonder what’s wrong with him. Suddenly the door flew open which made me jump a little from the couch in Harry and Louis’s flat.

“Harrreehhh! Come on it’s time to go shopping!” Claire yelled to the top of the stairs then turned to look at me. “Oh. Hey Niall.” She looked at me as if I was some disgusting creature and the way she said my name was like she had to force it because it was just horrible to say.

I nodded in response. Then Harry came down the stairs and Claire flung her body at him, holding onto his arm for dear life. “Niall, I’ll be back in few hours. You can keep staying here if you want.” He said in a monotone voice and he had this distant look in his eyes. “Okay. See ya’.” And with that, Claire tugged on his arm and they left.

A few hours later I was lying down on the couch almost falling asleep. I heard the door open and I could hear Claire yelling at Harry? “Ugh, you are so worthless! What are you actually good for?!” I stayed quiet pretending to be asleep but the way Claire was yelling at Harry made me angry. “Please, can you keep it down? Niall’s trying to sleep.” Harry asked sounding worn out. “I don’t care! Just next time I better get more stuff than this.” And then I heard the door slam.

I sat up and saw that Harry was just staring down at the floor, looking sad. I quickly made way to him, “Harry? Are you okay? What was that all about?” I hate her, I hate that she yelled at him, I hate her because she’s making him feel sad. “It was nothing, don’t worry about it.” He said still looking down. “That wasn’t nothing! Harry, why are you with her when she makes you feel this way? You don’t talk to me as much anymore and you always look worn out.” I placed my hand on his shoulder; I was truly concerned for my best friend, for the person I love.  “You wouldn’t understand, Niall. I need to be with her.” He sounded angry, he looked up at me, those green eyes that use to be filled with happiness is now filled with sadness, and he pushed my hand away from his shoulder. “Just leave. I want to be alone.” I watched as he walked up the stairs and headed to his room. I walked out of his flat thinking about what he told me. It wasn’t right, he doesn’t need to be with her. The tears started to fall down my cheek, wishing he was with me.

A couple days later Harry told me they broke up because she said she found someone better. I was just glad that she was gone because I couldn’t take the jealousy and pain anymore.

“Well, I should get back to unpacking.” Her peppy voice brought me back from my memories. “Maybe we could met up sometime, Harry.” She placed her hand on his forearm again, but he stayed silent. She knew that he wasn’t going to say anything so she headed for the door, I watched leave the flat and then I looked at Harry. He had that distant look in his eyes that I’ve seen before. I’m worried.