Fascination.

My clammy hands and profusely sweating body were replaced by a calmer pace of heart and a sigh of relief as soon as I entered the cafeteria of school to find Keely and Miranda grinning at each other.

I walked up to my friends with aching sore legs, which was due to the constant running I did last night in the lonesome street.

Cara and Ashton were back together not too late after that, since she realised his love for her. But, I was still kind of blaming myself for what happened. I felt like some way or the other, I did play the role of the girl who ruins relationships.

"Oh, hey! How are you doing?" Keeley asked with a smirk and I gave her a confused look.

"Why do the things you say completely contrast from what goes on in that head of yours?" I asked which adjusting my chair beside Miranda and across Keeley.

"Its my natural behaviour. That's not the point, though. Guess what happened?"

"Er..... What?" I raised a brow.

"Tristan was looking for you...... Everywhere!" She squealed.

He was...searching ...... Me?

Ha! No way!

"It must be related to the project." I frowned.
"No! Are you really that oblivious to everything? He's calling you and searching for you because he likes you silly." She giggled and Miranda chuckled, nodding with approval.

He likes me. He likes me?
Wait, Do I like him?

Well, whenever I'm around him I experience a strong desire to hug him, breathe into his scent. My stomach churns every time I talk to him, and the worst thing is that my chest flutters in a way I never knew it could every time he laughed because of me.

Yup, that's right I'm screwed.

Is that ...... a crush I got there?

Oh no, crushes are the words. I inwardly groaned.

"Guys, you should stop teasing me for nonexistent things, for example, Tristan's feelings towards me." I deadpanned.

Miranda sighed," I didn't know you're that clueless." She mumbled.

"What?" I narrowed my eyes to slits.

This time both of them sighed, shaking their head in disappointment.
I simply shrugged and moved to sit on some other bench.

As soon as my butt touched the chair, I heard someone yell.

"No! Don't you dare!"

"Oh, you'll pay!" I heard the female voice, laughing evilly like those in the Disney movies.

I moved my head around until I spotted Joey, Tristan's friend with a girl who had a smirk on her face and he had a horrified countenance.

Now, the whole cafeteria was looking at the two people making absolute ruckus. I watched with a small amused smile lingering on my lips, as she threw paint balloons on him, and it reminded me of how the characters in Monster's Inc. looked like when paint balls were thrown at them .

Joey looked exactly like that. Surprised, and uncharacteristically cute.

I chuckled at that thought and that reminded me of mom and dad, not to mention, the uncanny similarities between this girl and my mom.

From a distance a figure came in a rush to stop the one sided game.

There he was, my bloody crush. Ugh, I despise the idea of falling for someone who may not like me, AGAIN.