Chapter Ten: Talking It Out

(Maxine's P.o.V.)

     The wind was cold as it whipped against my face. I didn't realize how cold or how fast Broly would  or I would've worn a jacket. I hid as much of me behind him as I could without causing him to lose his grip.

"How much longer?" I whined as I shivered uncontrollably.

"Just a few more seconds, hold on." He answered before landing and setting me down beside him. I took his hand and walked up to house with him before ringing the doorbell.

     The door swung open a few seconds later and a woman smiled. "Hello! Come i-," suddenly her voice stopped and she looked down at us in shock. "B-Broly?! Other small child?!"

     Another voice was heard.  "Mom who's at the door? Cause if it's Girl Scouts I want cookies." They said. My ears twitched under my hat not recognizing the voices and frowns.

     "Um, I actually don't know who's at the door, well, except for Broly." She said turning her back to us. Footsteps got closer and a guy with long, long hair was at the door.

     "I don't either... wait no I've seen the little girl at school before." The man turned away. "Hey!! Kakarot!!"

     Loud, fumbling footsteps rushed downstairs and to the door. "What is it?" They said stretching out the "i". I smiled knowing this one.

     "Goku!!" I squealed running up and hugging his leg, hoping he'd return the hug.

     He didn't. Instead he stares at me as if I were an icky bug. "M-Max?! Broly?!" He said surprised and frantic.

     "You know this child?" The lady asked and Goku nodded.

    "Yeah, she's Turles little sister." He explained. "I took care of her during childcare class."

     She nodded. "But why are they here?" She eyed him and he shrugged.

      Broly nudged me and nodded, so I looked up at her. "Turtles is sad without him." I said and Goku looked at me with sad eyes.

      "No he's not." He told me and shook me off his leg before turning to walk away. I frowned before gripping his pant leg and pulling him back, almost making him fall over.

"I know when Turtles is sad, and you avoiding him is why." I told him. "I don't like seeing him sad and neither should you."

He sighed and hung his head either to look at me or he was ashamed. "I don't like seeing him not himself, but I don't trust him."

I clenched my hands into fists. "And why not?!" My words coming more like a whine than a question.

"Reasons you wouldn't understand." He told me patting my head then walking away.

At that moment I couldn't stand it any longer.

I took my hat off my head and threw it to the ground. Revealing my ears to them and the big tears in my eyes.

"I thought I was gonna have a family, but you left!!" I said as the water droplets fell from my eyes. I rubbed furiously at my eyes before walking out the front door with Broly behind me.

(Goku's P.o.V.)

     I stared, speechless, as my mom went out the door and closed it behind her. I couldn't believe what had just happened. Max was always such a sweet kid and seeing her flip out like that would've shocked anyone.

     I lowered my head and closed my eyes. I slowly retreated back to my room and sat at my desk. I saw lights outside of my window, guessing my mom was taking Max and Broly home.

I laid my head on my desk staring at my math book remembering when I'd have double the work every night just because I couldn't say no to his handsome face. I sighed thinking to myself. Maybe twice te work was better than being alone every night. But that still didn't gelive him the excuse to give me all of his work and give me nothing in return.

I ran a hand through my hair and lifted my head making my decision.

(Turles' P.o.V.)

I walked to the front door after being called down by my dad. When I got there I saw a random lady, Max and Broly. I sighed before going over and picking Max up hearing my dad apologize to whoever the person was and then closing the door.

Shortly after he turned to me and growled. "What the hell?! You just let your sister disappear and you didn't notice?!" He yelled at me and pushed him.

"It not like you ever have!" I snarled before grabbing Broly and storming to Max's room. "Where even we're you two?" I asked setting Max down on her bed.

"Nowhere." She told me and picked up a stuffed animal. "Just go away." I looked at her weird before shaking my head and going back to my room.

     I closed my door then heard a thin bear my window. I walked over and saw Goku and a deep growl erupted from my chest. He looked at my nervously. "H-hey Turles..." he looked down and I crossed my arms.

"What're you doing here?" I said through gritted teeth backing up to my bed and sitting down.

"I don't like how things have been lately. I-I wanna fix it." He said and crawled over to me and sat down on the floor. I stared at him, thinking.

"I don't like how they've been either." I sighed and he got on his knees and leaned on my leg.

"So can we fix it?" He asked looking at me with his big puppy eyes. I reached over and smoothed back some of his hair giving him a small smile.

"Yeah." I said nodding. He gently started purring and leaning into my hand. I smirked and picked him up rubbing his back.

He nuzzled my chest and I laughed then he looked up at me. "Only on one condition." He said and I raised my eyes brows in question. "I want to be more than friends." He told me and I could feel my stomach getting in knots. "And more moments like these!" He added wrapped his arms and legs around me.

I thought it over before deciding. "Fine you're mine now puppy." I purred and he blushed.

"Good." He said before passing out.

(A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for taking forever but I hope you like it!! Comment if you did!"