Chapter Seven: Vegeta Actually has a Heart (Part Two)

(Maxine's P.o.V.)

     I woke up, unfamiliar with my surroundings. I scratched my head and felt my hair. It was up in a bun, a braided bun to be exact. I looked down and saw my hat which I immediately put on and that's when I noticed I'm in a crib.

     I'm in a flipping crib! Baby prison. Luckily I found out how to get out of these at age one. I grabbed the railing and jumped and landed on the ground. I then heard footsteps and I froze then the door opened and I flinched back a little.

     The person scoffed and walked into the room. "You're finally awake." My eyes widened when I saw it was Vegeta.

     "U-uh....." I stammered but he raised his hand silencing me. He then sat on his bed and motioned for me to sit by him.

     "You're here because I brought you here. And the reason I brought you here is because you were bawling so hard and screaming so loud I thought your eyes would pop out and you broke some windows." He told and I remembered yesterday in school.

     I looked down in shame. I had told myself I wasn't allowed to cry and I broke that rule. I could feel Vegeta raise an eyebrow at me. "Why so ashamed?" He asked. I looked up at him surprised. "I've seen the face many times before mainly because I've worn it."

     My eyes widened but then I patted his back and forced a smile. "It's okay." I told him and he shook his head.

     "Throw away the fake smiles, kid. I see right through it." He said to me and I nodded. "Now tell me, why were you bawling earlier?" He asked and I looked down and my lip quivered.

     "Broly and I aren't friends anymore!" I cried and hugged him. I could feel him hug me back and I felt relived.

     "Why, you guys seemed inseparable." He said and I pulled away and looked at him.

     "I'm not even sure, but it started when I became friends with the new boy in my class, Trunks. And today Trunks made it worse by bringing in flowers for me." I sobbed and I felt him pick me up and I hid my face in the crook of his neck.

     He started patting my back and swaying side to side and it felt nice. He then spoke. "Maybe he's jealous." He said. I was confused.

     "Why would he be jealous?" I asked my voice muffled. He sighed.

     "Because of the attention Trunks is giving you. Maybe he just wanted it to be you and him because he's never had a friend before and you're the only person he talks to." He said me and I pondered the thought.

     Vegeta has a point. Broly never liked it when Trunks and I would do things together. And he tried pushing Trunks off the slide when he went after me. And he punched Trunks when he sat inbetween Broly and I at lunch. So maybe he was jealous and I didn't even notice.

     "He probably was jealous and I couldn't even tell." I said and felt ashamed.

     "It's okay. You guys need to talk it out though if you wanna save your friendship." He told me and I nodded. "Good. Now are you hungry because we have leftovers."

     "Yes please." I said and he carried me downstairs and to his kitchen. He set me in a chair and I had to stand to see over the table. He laughed at me and I frowned. "What?"

     "You're so short!" He said laughing more. I crossed my arms and smirked.

     "At least I'm not 17 and under 5 foot 4." I said. "I'm still growing unlike you, midget." He stopped laughing after that and scowled at me. I must've hit a nerve.