Chapter Six: Vegeta Actually Has a Heart (Part One)

(Maxine's P.o.V.)

     I looked around the classroom and sighed. Even though my arm healed, my speech impediment is fixed and I made a new friend, nothing is fun anymore.

     I lost Broly. Ever since the new boy, Trunks, became my friend he doesn't hang out with me anymore. He doesn't even talk to me and to make matters worse Trunks is coming my way with..... A bouquet of flowers?

     I turned towards Trunks. "Who are those for?" I asked him and then he held them out towards me.

     "You." He said with a tiny blush. I sighed and looked over to Broly.

     He was sitting alone on the opposite side of the classroom. He drawing or writing something, I couldn't tell what he was doing but he was moving a pencil on a piece of paper. He was also wearing a different out fit. Instead of wearing. A normal T-shirt and jeans, he wore white baggy pants with a red sash and no shirt. He also had some accessories. Three plain golden bands, one as a choker necklace and the other two on his upper biceps. Then he had two golden bracelets on his wrists with a sapphire in the middle. He also had a necklace, belt, headband and a weird looking anklets that matched his bracelets.

     As I was staring at Broly, I think he noticed and he turned his head toward me. And as our eyes connected, I could see this sad longingness in his eyes. I then felt my eyes start to sting and burn. I choked on a sob. I then looked down and I felt a hand on my shoulder. And just like a reflex I slapped their hand away.

     "DON'T TOUCH ME!" I screamed. And turned my snapback so the front of it covered my eyes. I've never cried before in my life, so I don't understand why I can't hold the tears back this time. I normally can so I don't make anyone else sad but this time I just can't. 

     "Max?! What's wrong?!" Trunks shouted sounding concerned. He then pushed flowers closer to me and I threw them making pedals go everywhere.

     "Nothing!" I yelled while running out of the room. 'I wanna go home. Where's Turtles?' I thought while running around the school, tears streaming down my face. I heard the teacher call after me but I didn't care I just kept running.

     I then remembered it was 5th period. Turtles had lunch, so I ran to the big kid cafeteria.

     After running from a couple more minutes, I found my destination. I ran through the doors and whipped my head in every direction, frantically looking for Turtles. I spotted him, or maybe Goku, I couldn't tell or care so I ran towards them. I screamed, "Turtles, Goku?!" And they turned around and I jumped into their arms.

     I started sobbing and hiccuping into their chest and they started stroking my hair and walking somewhere. I could then hear a soothing voice cooing in my ear, "Shhhhh, it's okay Max. You're alright." It was Goku. I could tell by his voice. He started swaying side to side lightly but my hiccups, sobs and cries got louder.

     I could hear him mutter, 'Damn it.' Under his breath. I then heard footsteps. "Goku?! Max?!" I was Turtles!! I then turned around in Goku's arms and faced my big brother, reaching arms out and trying to jump into his arms. Goku then set me down and I sprinted to my brother.

     He then picked me up and held me closely to his chest. "Shhh, What's wrong Squirt? You've never cried before." He said to me trying to comfort me. I then pushed away from his chest, my tightly closed and I screamed at the top of my lungs and continued sobbing. "What the hell? She's never done this before. Not even when she was a baby." Turtles said I'm guessing to Goku.

     "Seriously?! I thought every little does this a lot." Goku said. I could just imagine the astonishment on his face.

     "Not Max." Turtles replied. I then felt another presence, and I could feel Turtles turn towards it. "Broly? What're you doing here? Do you know what's with Squirt?" And right at that moment, I screamed the loudest scream I could muster and I heard multiple windows shatter. I felt as if I went deaf but then my hearing came back in a snap.

     I then pried and kicked out of Turtles arms and ran as fast as I could. I heard Turtles and Goku scram after me but I just kept running. I then bumped into a pair of legs. I looked up, tears still streaming down my face, and gulped. I ran into Vegeta and my brother said he wasn't the nicest. He then looked down at me, arms crossed and his eyes widen. Probably after realizing I was crying.

     Then the strangest thing happened. His eyes softened and he smiled softly at me. He then got down on one knees and held out his arms. I gladly jumped into them. And this time I felt comforted. Weird, this was the second time I've ever seen him and he was trying to calm me down.

     He then started humming in my ear. I smiled at the feeling of how it made me feel sleepy. He then started to sway side to side slowly while bouncing me up and down in his arms gently. My eyelids started to get heavy and I yawned. Even though I'm 3, I still like naps and if he's trying to put me to sleep it's working. Big time.

     I the felt him move forward. I think he's walking somewhere. Then a door opened and closed, and he just kept walking. I could then feel the sun on my arms and back and a breeze blowing my hair around. But I didn't feel it for long, because I fell asleep in his arms.

(Vegeta's P.o.V.)

     I found Turles' little sister, Max, screaming and bawling loud enough, that I'm pretty sure she shattered some windows. I actually kinda felt bad, so I comforted her by doing everything I used to do for my little brother, Tarble, whenever he threw a tantrum. Though with how she's crying, I could tell this was her first tantrum.

     When I got home, I walked through the front door and up to my room. I then laid Max on my bed and wrapped her in a blanket. I then went to find Tarble's old crib because Max is tiny. I finally found it in the attic and brought it to my room but bumped into my dad on the way.

     "Vegeta, what the hell are you doing with that?" My dad asked me. I scowled.

     "Since when do you care what I do?!" I asked annoyed.

     "You're right. I don't really care." He said stroking his goatee momentarily and then walking off.

     I laughed. "Idiot." I said then finally made it to my room. I then set up the crib in the corner. I then put sheets in it and a couple blankets and I even secretly took one of Tarble's stuffed animals and put it there. I then walked back over to Max, who managed to curl into a tiny ball. I then picked her up and set her in the crib, sitting up against the side of it for support.

     I took off her shirt and pants and put her in one of my old T-shirts. Then it's small to me, on her it looks huge. I bet you could fit two of her in there. I then laughed at thought and took of her hat. How peculiar, her hair is lavender mixed with sky blue but with some spots that are pure lavender or spots that were pure sky blue. It's very pretty and goes with her fare skin.

     I then took off her hat and took her hair and braided it, then put it into a bun so it wouldn't be on her next while she slept. Then I laid her down and wrapped her in the top sheet and placed a couple blankets over her. And lastly I put the stuffed animal close to her arms and they whipped out and snatched up the little bear and held it closely to her.

     I smiled at the sight. I then froze. When the hell did I get a heart?! Ugh, maybe it's because she's adorable, I at least have to give her that. My dad then called for dinner. So I left to go eat.