Chapter 13 - Figuring Out Lyrics

*******************2 Years Later***********************

[Tara's POV]

Its December 2010. Its been 2 years since Ronnie was in jail. 2 years since i left Max and the others behind. Since i've been with Black Veil Brides.

Being a Merch girl at concerts and venues was pretty darn awesome. I was able to win some money for Ronnie's bail.

But now i'm back home from a world tour with everyone. I'm a little sad since Sandra left Black Veil Brides. There wasnt any fights or anything. She just wanted to accomplish more. She's still drummer, but for a band called Modern Day Escape. They are pretty amazing.

Now were are with our new drummer, Christian Coma, or CC as we all call him. He's really hilarious (and pretty darn cute).

We were all finally home and i was in my room counting the money i have so far.

$13, 670.

Dammit. I'm still short. But it will still do until i can keep raising for the $20 grand i need for Ronnie.

Soon there was a knock on my door and i looked up.

CC was standing at the doorway.

"So, whatchadoin??" he asked.

"Nothing. Just counting how much i have made up to now," I said.

"Still raising money for Ronnie's bail??" he asked as he sat down next to me on my bed.

"Yeah. 2 years of working what i can and still nothing much yet," i said, a bit dissapointed.

"Hey, cheer up. You'll get there," he said.

He then reached into his pocket and pulled out his wallet.

"Its not enough, but here," CC said, taking my hand and placing a $100 bill in my hands.

"CC, i cant take this," i said.

"Tara, family is imortant to you. Just take the money. For Ronnie," he said.

I thought about it a moment and then gripped the money in my hand.

Then i wrapped my hands around CC's neck and hugged him tight.

"Thank you, CC, so much. This means alot for me," I said as i hugged him.

He hugged my waist and pulled me to him.

"Ronnie may be your brother, but your like a little sister to me, too," he said.

I smiled at him and then he left the room.

I put the money in a small metal band-aid box, hid it deep in my closet, and then decided to visit Ronnie. 

We've been on tour for almost 5 months and even though Escape the Fate joined us, i still had a good time. They've been good, though, since they made it big on MTV2 with one of their song, "Something." I thought at first that song was meant for me to hear for a second, but whatever. I ignored ETF the entire time i was on tour. I couldnt stand them eitherway.

They left me a bouquet of flowers one time in the BVB dressing room in Florida, but good thing Andy had a bic lighter. 

But i forgot the negative parts of the tour.

Now i had to see Ronnie. I miss him and he must miss me. Alot.

I put on a Modern Day Escape tee Sandra sent for my birthday a few months ago (We celebrated it in New York City), some black shreaded jeans, and my black leather boots.

I pull on my BVB dog tag necklace and some BVB bracelets, apply some eyeliner, fixed my hair (which no longer had my highlights and was normal black razor cut), grab my purse, some presents i got for Ronnie for his birthday (a BVB dog tag necklace exactly like mine and some candies from a huge candy story we all went to in Chicago) while on the 5-month tour and then head downstairs.

Andy, CC, and Ashley were downstairs either watching TV, texting, or just plain relaxing. Jake and Jinxx were aleep downstairs.

"Hey, Tara, where are you going??" Andy asked.

"I'm gonna see Ronnie and give him his gifts. I'll be back soon," i said.

"K. Tell Ronnie we say hi, k??" Ash said.

"Will do," i said as i exited the door and to Ronnie's car (which i still have of his).

I drove down to the detention center and them im escorted to a waiting room. A couple of people are there visiting their family or friends.

A police officer then brings Ronnie into the waiting room and uncuffs him.

Ronnie walks toward me and i embrace him in a hug.

"Hey, Ronnie," i said, hugging him tight.

"How's it going?? How was the tour and being a BVB merch girl??" he asked with a grin.

"It was awesome, and i got you some presents for your birthday," i said, reaching into my purse and pulling out a small gift bag and the bag of candies and then hand it to him.

"Whoa, thanks," he said and then hugged me again.

"Happy be-lated Birthday, brother," i said.

"Thanks. And hey, how's the bail money raise going??" he asked.

I felt a bit dissapointed, but i stil told him the truth.

"Well, i was able to raise more than $13,000 dollars on selling merch, but its still not enough. I'm sorry Ronnie," i said, sad.

"Hey, its okay. Prison is a bit interesting, except when the guys get a bit rough. Moorhees still gets me a few looks, but you get used to that. And i did come up with some lyrics of a song. Its only the first part, though. Wanna hear??" he asked as he popped a gummy bear into his mouth.

"Hell yeah!!" i said.

He asked the police officer to get his guitar from the cell. The officer nodded and went to retrive it.

I put on Ronnie's BVB necklace while he left. He really liked it.

Soon he came back and gave it to Ronnie. Ronnie attached the strap across his shoulders and began to strum the strings a bit.

"Alright, here goes," he said.

Everyone had turned around as he played.

I heard a knock upon my door the other day

I opened it to find death staring in my face

The feel of mortal stalking still reverberates

Everywhere I go I drag this coffin just in case.

He played a tune after the lyrics on the guitar before stopping.

The visitor room then began to applaud, including the police guards.

"Ronnie that's amazing!!" i said, hugging him.

"Thanks, but its still missing some parts. I'm working on it," he said as he put the guitar back in its case.

Soon the visitor room bell rung. Visiting hours were over. It was already 4 pm.

"Looks like you gotta go," Ronnie said sadly.

"I wish i could stay longer, but i'll come early tomorrow," i said.

We said our goodbyes and a guard escorted him and a few other prisoners back to their cells.

I was then escorted back outside.

Andy texted to see where i was, so i just said i was gonna get some coffee for everyone and then be home in a while.