Chapter 20: Thousand Years

NANA'S POV

Lalayo muna ko sa lokong Ivo na'to, hanggang sa naharangan na'ko ng mga nagsasayawan. I stepped backward, stepped back. And stepped back. Somebody grabbed my arm. Jesus, it's for the fourth time around a person grabbed my arm. Who the hell again? I turned around and see who was it.

He gripped my right arm very tight. That was a harsh one. His piercing eyes. My body was almost touching his tough chest. It was hard and hella sexy. I can see how madness has gotten into his.

"Nasasaktan ako, get off me." I whined. It was Lydon. The orchestra has changed the style of music into a fusion of various forms of music from Europe.

Literally, naging fast tempo. From modern ballroom turned into an Argentine or Uruguayan Tango. I'm not into dancing but since tango was declared as part of the world's "intangible cultural heritage" I was inspired to enroll tango lessons from my school in States.

Numbers of people dancing in the ball have decreased. Perhaps, only those few who can dance tango remained. He pulled me in the middle of the crowd. Lalong dumami yung mga nakatingin sa'min. Rotten gossipers have mushroomed. He thrusted my hip forward to him, but I pulled my upper body away, and looked over my left shoulder when we were led into a corte.

"Definitely a whore! Pagkatapos ng 2 foreigner, ng boyfriend niya now naman ang Manhattan starplayer! Sobra na siya!"

"But I thought Lydon's girlfriend was hurt by her. How could Lydon even dance that slut?"

"She'll be dead now. Lydon is the right hand of Scorpius. Pity poor Nana."

Those freakin' gossipers. This is incredible. He was expressing his temper out of this Argentine tango dance. Lucky I am, I still remember basic steps typically more gliding but can vary widely in timing, speed, and character, and follow no single specific rhythm.

"Hindi pa tayo tapos." He whispered.

We moved in the style of boleo (allowing momentum to carry one's leg into the air) and gancho(hooking one's leg around one's partner's leg or body) in which the feet travel off the ground.

A real star player can dance a tango? Quite interesting. We're eye-to-eye exchanging death glares. Ang higpit ng hawak niya sa waist ko.

"I've done nothing on you! What the hell do you want?" I pulled his nape. Our foreheads almost touch.

"What about Brianna? Tingin mo palalampasin ko yun?" Mas idiniin n'ya yung yakap sa'kin.

Sa ganitong klaseng sayaw, embrace is often very often, and the complex footwork is augmented with gymnastic lifts, kicks, and drops. The rhythm is described as incisive, exciting, and provocative.

What about my sister? Did they even think about that? How come he feels that fvckin fuss out of her girlfriend and yet he did not even have conscience committing crime to my sister?

"What about you? Di ka nagkaatraso? 2 years? 3 years? or 4 years to be exact?"

Itinulak ko yung dibdib niya but he quickly turned me around and napasandal sa dibdib niya. We're facing same direction. I was almost locked into his hard muscular arms. Nafifeel ko yung chest niya sa bare back ko while still in the rhythm of the fast tempo. He whispered into my left ear.

"Don't toss back my question, Nana."

He slid his left hand inside the slit of my long white gown. The fvck! He's a pervert! My bare left leg! He touche it. I quickly pulled myself out since isang hand lang niya sa waist ko. I was freed. Pervert! Ugh! Maniac!