Chapter 2

So, second chapter up. This has been edited and checked over and I am now seeing double because I needed to get this up :') 

It's deadicated to The_Void_Kitsune because her Character is dating the wonderful and crazy CC. She also created the wonderful cover.

I hope you guys enjoy the chapter c:

The next few weeks were probably the hardest and most stressful.

My father didn't touch me when I told him that I had the exams. And that the examiners would be able to spot discolouration as easily as they could spot someone cheating. So he didn't touch me. For me, this was the biggest relief.

I found the exams challenging and hard, so it made me work for my grade. This was what I wanted because I knew if I sailed through this exam,the grades I had gotten were ones that I had earned.

The tickets arrived at Alex's and it told us that the date that we left would be on the 2nd of January. So I was fabricating a story with Alex, claiming that I was going to stay with his for new year. After that, when he finds out, there won't be much he could do because I'd be in LA by that time and he spends the money on alcohol, so it'd mean that I'd be safe.

Six months free.

That sounded like heaven.

Exam week was over, I'd handed in my last paper and we finished school quickly, avoiding Jared and his bitch.

I couldn't let anything marr my good mood. 

What made things better was that my dad wasn't home, so I'd escaped another beating that night as well.

Once I was crashed on my bed, sleep overcame me and I was out for the count. 

My days turned into a routine. Get up, spend the day curled up in my room, venture out to eat, get beaten from a drunk father, curl up in bed, talk to Alex, sleep. By the time Christmas rolled around, I was on autopilot.

When I had left my room that day, I was attacked the second I shut my door. Fists punched my gut causing tears to form, but I stayed silent.

It was like this until the 31st. i got up and I left the house as early as possible. My father was passed out drunk and so I carefully shifted my suitcase down the stairs with my backpack. Once I was out of the door, I was caught in someone's arms and I just started crying.

"Shh. You're safe now." Alex whispered in my ear as I stood there, crying in his arms as he stroked my hair.

"I can't go back after this. I just can't. I'd rather die before I went back there." I whispered quietly and Alex sighed before tugging my suitcase off me and guiding me to his car.

Within fifteen minutes, I was safely sat in his living room, the TV showing The Jungle Book and Alex was making us both hot chocolates.

Once we had our drinks, we curled up, my head resting on his shoulder and feet on the couch as we watched the film, singing along. Alex's parents found it amusing to watch and at one point, I forced Alex to dance around.

"This is the Kalli I love. What happened to her?" Alex asked as we clambered the stairs to his room. he picked me up and threw me onto his King sized bed, laying next to me and I simply sighed.

"The big scary monster made her hide." Alex looked at me and I just shook my head and shoved him off the bed.

"Hey!" He pouted at me, which made me giggle.