Regrets And Promises

Aaron look at James,not knowing what to say. James was spaced out,not even breathing at this point. "I.." Aaron started,but stopped when he heard a...sob? Wait..is Mariana..crying? Aaron thought,quietly walking downstairs.James followed behind him,stopping infront of Mariana's door. James whispered "I know what I gotta do. She wont let us in if she knows I'm still here." He backed away from the door and snapped. He was now wearing jeans,a dark green hoodie.The hood was long enough to cover his eyes. He tapped on the door "Uh..Hello?" He said,his voice suddenly different. "Wh-who's there?" Mariana squeaked out,he could hear the pain in her voice. "Uh..It's one of Aaron and Mile's friends,we just wanted to check on you. I chased that James guy out when I came in." Mariana opened the door,and Aaron gasped. Mariana looked horrible,her face was red and soaked with tears.Her once dark blue and purple streaks now a sad blue. James walked in,hugging her gently.

 She was taken back by the hug,not knowing what to do. James looked down at her from the hug,raising an eyebrow she couldn't see. She could sense it,though. "O-oh..S-sorry..I haven't h-h-ugged in a while.." She whispered. James chuckled,making her hug him back. She grinned,her black tears stopping instantly. She realized what she was doing and slowly backed away,rubbing herself off. No.Don't get attached,your still a demon. She thought,standing up straight,the streaks in her hair turning into a purple and blue mix that made it look like a galaxy. "So.Whats your name?" She said,leaning back. James had done a spell on himself to make him unrecognizable by sense. "Uh..I'm-" He got cut of by a smirking Aaron "Jack." he said,leaning back. "Yeah,Jack.Nice to meet you Mariana." James said,shaking her hand. "Nice to meet you too." She said. She slapped herself,trying to be her rude and sarcastic self.

 James laughed,walking over to her. "Y'know Mari,thanks for being nice to me. I know your not the nicest person." he said,bouncing on her bed. "Yeah well..Don't get used to it Flesh bag!" she yelled,and when he was bouncing up her lifted her finger,making him whack his head on the ceiling. "OW! Why you little.." He said. Mariana threw Aaron at him,booking it out of the house laughing. James and Aaron both went after her,but when she reached the woods she ran straight through a portal. It disappeared as the boy's neared. The woods were silent. They then heard a noise come from Aaron's house. Aaron ran to his house while James began to walk off into the woods. Mariana suddenly appeared next to him,he didn't even flinch. "Huh? You didn't get scared..or freaked out?" Mariana asked,confused. "Nope.Cause' you've done it to me before." James said,smirking. He grabbed Mariana's hand and booked it faster than a human could into a portal.

 "Listen...I know I can't stay here long,nevermind be talking to you here." They were in a giant field with blue grass and white flowers everywhere. The sky was a dark purple galaxy with shooting stars darting across. Mariana sighed,closing her eyes. "James.What do you want? And don't even try saying how'd you know. You honestly think I don't remember this place?" She asked,smiling a bit from the memories.They both sat Criss Cross in the field. James leaned over to her and moved the hair away from Mariana's Galaxy eye,giving her a white flower,it was as big as a rose. "I'm sorry. Listen..Ah...You know I'm not good with apologizes Mari..I regret what I did,and I swear I'll never do it again. Swear to the devil,and promise you. I was..a..Dumb.kid,and trust me when I say I never wanted to hurt you. I want you know that. For all I know,this is that last time i'll ever see you.You never know. I really wanted you to know that,Mari. Now..our masters must be looking for us..huh?"

 Mariana's eyes were huge and she clutched the flower in her hand. No one had ever been this nice to her. Don't trust him! He'll betray you! Do you REALLY want your heart to be crushed again? Her mind was racing with these thoughts. He stood up,reaching out his hand. After a few minutes she took it,smiling a genuine smile for the first time in years. "We should get back.I think they're friends,and they live very close. Maybe we will be able to see eachother back here after a while.." He said,smiling. The two walked off into the portal,and back to a very upset pair of masters.