Yandere! Light Yagami x Reader ~Morals~

A/N: So here is a small taste of what my writing style is like before I really get started. Hope you enjoy. This is taking place in the yearlong time skip, so I righteously say: SPOILER ALERT!

Malicious eyes filtered over your form, judging, calculating as if the tiniest movement spoke bounds. Attention solely focused on the screen, Light watched you like a fox would a rabbit grazing on a meadow.

Not that you're as harmless or cute as the fluffy rodent. Sure you have a sort of aesthetic beauty but that is not what he was primarily concerned about. You were far from harmless; you represented a major hitch in his otherwise smooth plans.

A new detective; having arrived here in Japan only a few days ago you had almost immediately immersed yourself in the task of catching Kira.

Upon hearing that you were to assist the Japanese police in their investigation regarding the shenanigans as his alter ego he had been outraged but in a twisted sense he had been looking forward to meeting you.

You had to have, after all, some profound degree of talent that even Watari would praise you; not verbally but in small snippets of data buried deep in the man's private files. As always, Yagami went out of his way to inform himself about his guest; a necessary precaution he had instilled upon himself when becoming Kira. Needless to say he had been impressed; he had found almost nothing. Only a few figments of information were scattered across the net; you were even more protective of your identity than L.

Upon landing in Tokyo there had been a hasty introduction to the other members of the Task Force and a few cryptic words of explanation from your side about who you were that had actually raised more questions than answered.

Afterwards you had gone to your pre-booked hotel room. It had been hard rooting you out; you were cautious – but when he had located where you spent a good portion of your free time he had been sure to bug your hotel room.

This led him to the moment where he was spying on you, watching the computer screen intently.

Of course writing your name in his notebook would be the most favourable and rational action, but he had only ever found your last name despite his thorough research, you had only ever given him your last name. Even if he had your full name he would find himself hesitant to end you.

In the months that he had lived without a worthy adversary he had grown bored. But then you had come into the picture, your deductive reasoning and logical thinking putting you almost on the same sage of he and L been. You weren't as idealistic and temperamental as Kira nor were you as apathetic and asocial as the late detective; you came along well with the other members of the team – they held a mutual respect for you, even trusting you faster than they had Lawliet.

However you had your flaws and habits like any other normal mortal and he could use them against you like figures on a chess board. Once he has you where you're destined to be he'll have to straighten out your faults, but until then he'll use them to his advantage.

Currently you were poring over various documents, many of them strewn across the table and the bed, all encrypted in the most impossible codes. A wise choice on your behalf; your paranoia protects you. As for him it presents an obstacle – this way he is practically oblivious to your progress since he has no excess to your files like he had by his father.

It was one of the reason you excited him more than it had been to play L a fool. He wouldn't kill you outright, he wanted to enjoy you, test your mettle, and guide you down paths that would always lead to him in the end. They do say after all: "Keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer." He would have his way; he had done with far less information in the past so this shouldn't be too difficult.