~||Chapter 7||~

||Spitbucket, USA||

It was a lazy Sunday afternoon and Todd was pondering on whether or not to close early. No one really went to the saloon on Sunday, only a few non-catholic bunch. Thomas happened to be one of those people despite him being a godly man.

But lately, Thomas hasn't been around. His attention was taken by that British detective who he was oh-so infatuated by. Todd could feel it in his bones- Thomas liked this man. More than Todd wanted him to. The last time he saw Thomas was when he and that British twat stumbled into lift the Greenman's spirit.

Todd was extremely salty, claiming that all the whiskey was stolen by bandits. He couldn't help but feel an ooze of satisfaction seeing Thomas' reaction when he heard of what happened to his precious whiskey. Edward piped up, asking what else there was. Todd admitted that a new drink had been shipped in, and Edward was more than willing to try it.

Much to Todd's displeasure, the moment Edward took a sip it was like a whole new side of him was unlocked. Bolting out of the saloon he left a trail of dust behind him. It seemed like the moment he stepped out of the room, Thomas pulled himself together before bolting out of the room leaving Todd was practically fuming with rage at the sight.

The next day word traveled around town that Prince Matthew had been rescued from a bandit group nicknamed "Provoking". Todd was more than happy to hear that Edward would be leaving in the next day or so and that he was only waiting for Prince Matthew to get himself situated before they left. Todd chirped happily, as he went about his normal daily routine. He knew the moment that Brit-Bitch left he'd had Thomas all too himself.

Oh, boy was he wrong.

The moment Edward left, Thomas came trotting into the saloon a deep and brooding look on his face. Todd straightened up, looking away trying his best to look busy. He heard the shuffling of a chair being pulled back before he turned around sighing. "What can I get you, Sheriff?" He practically spat, folding his arms. Thomas didn't make eye contact, only fumbling with the sleeves of his coat before letting out a soft sigh. "Todd we need to talk."

Todd swore the entire room became quiet. "About?" He questioned, looking down at the empty glass he set in between them. He was leaning forward, his calloused palms pressing against the hardwood of the counter. Thomas hesitated for a moment, biting his lip. Letting out a forced sigh, he gave Todd a pained look.

"I'm thinking about leaving to England... With Edward."