~||Chapter 3||~

||Spitbucket, USA||

Thomas groaned softly, rubbing the front of his forehead. He sipped the bitter tea Todd had given him, grunting softly. "God, I feel so awful." Todd chuckled shaking his head softly as he cleaned the glass. "Of course you're gonna feel awful Thomas... You did get hit in the head." Thomas sighed shaking his head. "I didn't mean it like that... I just meant that... I feel bad for Lucille. I need to save her."

Todd flinched, his gaze piercing the glass. He didn't want Thomas to continue looking for Lucille, he'd get hurt maybe even killed... Todd sighed softly, shaking his head. He'd make sure to distract Thomas.... At all costs. "Why don't you get some more rest, Thomas?"

"What for?" The short sheriff grunted, rolling his eyes. Todd smiled softly, "To regain your strength..." Thomas sighed, nodding softly before trudging to the room. Todd's smile faded, as he quickly turned to the two men in the back. "Paulo, Patrick, I want you to rally every lesser bandit here and make sure that Thomas doesn't get involved in our affairs. Do I make myself clear?"

The two men stood up, nodding. "Yes, boss." Todd faked them a smile, before dismissing them. As the two men left the bar, Todd let out a soft sigh looking at the stairs. Silently creeping up, Todd made sure to check on  Thomas who was fast asleep.

"This is for your own good Thomas..." He mumbled to himself, before turning away. Walking back down the stairs, Todd vowed to keep Thomas too busy that he wouldn't even dare to leave this town in search of Lucille.

And that's exactly what he did.

Months passed since Lucille had disappeared and the sheriff was too busy to search for her. The bandit attacks were high, it was common to have at least 2 run-ins with the bandits. Thomas became more irritated than usual, spending any of his spare time getting drunk.

Thomas had spent a lot of time drinking and working that the two things fell in place together. Being drunk helped Thomas with his aim, and working made him want to drink. Despite having a better aim as a drunk, he tended to run his mouth off to the bartender, telling him things he's never told anyone but his mother.

Todd learned a lot about Thompson - For one, his father was a sheriff and his mother was a teacher. He had an older sister who moved to California with her rich husband, and he had two nephews and one niece. His dad died in a bandit attack, and his mother died 9 years after his death due to pneumonia(It was pretty deadly back in the days). He learned that Thomas has never had sex or his first kiss, and like Todd, Thomas wanted to be a doctor like him before his father's death. His favorite food would be cherry pie, and when he lost his eye to a bully at the age of 15 causing Thomas to get stronger. He also learned that Thomas had always thought very low of himself, that he always wished he had died instead of his father. It broke Todd in two to see how Thomas thought of himself, so he swore to always speak positive things to him each and every day. Turns out, Thomas was more interesting than he thought he would've been.

This, in turn, caused Thomas and Todd to grow closer to each other.

Todd became the person Thomas could trust, the person he could open up to. Todd was grateful for it, he enjoyed being there for Thomas. This made Todd happier than ever, on the occasion he'd 'help Thomas bathe' when he reeked of alcohol and was too drunk to take care of himself. Of course, he just wanted to see Thomas naked and get to feel his body(which I mean, who could blame him), but he never touched the genitals. It wasn't that he couldn't have, Thomas was too out of it to even realize what was happening to him. Todd wanted to keep Thomas as pure as he could for.... Their wedding.

Ah yes, Thomas was Todd's fiance. He just didn't know it.

Todd had been examining Thomas over the months, taking note of the way his hair sticks down in all different directions when he wakes up, how his lips part slightly when he's lost in thought. How his blue eyes seem softer when he's sad, and how his eyes shimmer when the morning rays hit his face in the morning. He saw the way Thomas was kind with the children on their way to school as he escorted them to class, making sure the bandits didn't harm them. He noticed the way Thomas doted on the small babies, putting them at ease if they were crying. He noticed how Thomas had enough patience to listen to the elderly, and help them carry the groceries if it were too heavy. Ah yes, Thompson was a work of art. He seemed rough on the outside, but he had a heart of gold.

A heart that Todd planned to steal.

He marked the calendar with a big 'X', planning the day he'd sneak into Tom's room late at night and steal him away as he did with Lucille. How he'd run off with his new Groom and make him his whether he liked it or not.

And Thomas would be his. All his... And no one else's.

A/N: Really short chapter... Sorry!