~||Chapter 9||~

||Spitbucket, USA||

Thomas laid on his bed staring up at his ceiling. Had he given Todd the wrong impression? Had he made his lover believe he was in love with another? He tilted his head to the side, staring at his coat which hung on a hook. He looked pitiful, just dreadful. It had only been a day since him and Todd had gotten into a big fight and he was already missing him. Thomas swung his legs over the side of the bed, rubbing his stubble as he narrowed his eyes. Getting up, he pulled his coat over his body before walking down to his door.

He raised his eyebrow when he heard the sound of someone frantically pounding against the door. Opening his door, he placed his forearm against the door. "Spencer?" He piped, looking confused. The younger man was out of breath, his cheeks flushed a bright red as sweat dripped down the side of his head. "Spencer, boy are you alright?" Thomas asked, setting a firm hand on Spencer's shoulder. The man shuddered, gasping for air. "Sir- There are- bandits! Bandits are coming! They're in the hills... It's- It's the Red Bandit." He spoke meekly, trembling. Thomas' eyes widened, he knew about the Red Bandit. He was infamous for his horrible crimes, a high bounty was on his head. He was so deadly and manipulative they changed the sign from "Wanted Dead or Alive" to "Wanted Dead".

Thomas narrowed his eyes, nodding firmly. "Let me get my guns - Rally up any willing to fight. We leave immediately." He spoke. He turned on his heel, grabbing his guns and ammo. He set his hat on top of his head, fixing the meanest glare he could. It was either him or the Red bandit, and he'd be damned if he let himself die to the likes of someone like that.

Walking out of the building Thomas came to the center of town. Only 3 men stood tall, willing to fight beside Thomas. He took in a sharp breath, shaking his head. He should've known better. He was thankful that Franklin and Jonathan, the buffy twin boys were there - Even Spencer was willing to fight, despite him being a poor farmer and a soon-to-be father. Thomas straightened up, clenching his jaw. "Let's go." He spoke proudly walking beside Spencer who spotted the bandit camp.

Walking through the hills, Thomas' adrenaline began to pump. He wasn't fighting for himself, hell he wasn't even fighting for this town. He was fighting for Todd because a life without Todd would be a life Thomas refused to live. If he could get just the closure of knowing that Todd could live to see another day if Thomas lost him, he'd gladly give up his life.

Standing in front of the abandoned wooden manner. The deserted estate used to belong to the town's founder, who passed away with no one to pass it down too. The place remained vacant - Until now.

Before he could even make a statement, bullets began to rain down. He and the 3 others bolted for cover, Thomas let out a hiss of annoyance. He glanced over the boulder, aiming at one of the bandits before shooting a bullet in between his skull. Bulls-eye. The moment the bandit's lifeless body hung over the balcony it seemed as if more and more bullets were fired.

"Spencer go get back up!" Thomas shouted, the petrified farmer looking up at him with fear. He opened his mouth to protest before quickly nodding and bolting down the hills. The two other men gave Thomas a stern look. "Cover me, I'm going in," Thomas spoke, before running into the bullet rainstorm. He only got hit in his left shoulder - Luckily he used his gun to his right.

Kicking the door down, he gave little time for the bandits below to process what was going on. Shooting the 3 bandits dead, he made his way up the stairs. He heard the gunfire cease as the other two men joined Thomas in the manor. "I'll take on the Red Bandit, you two kill any bandits in sight," Thomas ordered, before heading up the stairs. The twins took the left hall while Thomas took the right. While walking down the hall he only seemed to encounter 3 bandits separately, which he quickly took care of.