~||Chapter 4||~

||Spitbucket, USA||

Thomas was up late at night, still working in his office. This was the one time of the day that he was able to work on Lucille's missing case. The lights were growing dim, much to the Sheriff's dismay. When the light began to flicker before the room went pitch black. Pulling out some matches, Thomas muttered curse words to himself, lighting up a single match. He jumped when he saw a shadow dart past him.

"Who's there?" He growled, whipping out his pistol. He hears the door creak open, causing a panic to arise in him. "I said who's there?" He hissed, raising up his gun. The overhead lights turned on, as Todd let out a raspy sigh. "Thomas, straining your only good eye in the dark isn't good for you and you know that." He frowned, curling his upper lip in a pout.

Shit, that was cute.

Thomas looked away, then back to his desk. "Er- I didn't want to keep the townsfolk up..." He mumbled, running his fingers through his oily hair. Todd took a step forward, massaging his shoulders. "Thomas, when was the last time you actually showered?"

Thomas groaned, holding back a laugh as he shrugged away from Todd. "Since when did you become my mother?" He scoffed, rolling his eyes. "Since you began to neglect your human needs." Todd deadpanned, looking into Thomas' eyes.

Oh, how he hated when Todd did that. It made him feel like he was falling, with nothing to grab onto. Thomas lost his breath, grabbing onto Todd's shoulders. His eyes fluttered not realizing how close he and Todd were.

Their lips parted open, hovering over each other close to kissing before they were interrupted by two gunshots.

Thomas jumped, snapping his head back as he raised his pistol. "Stay here, I'll go check the source of the sound." He mumbled, looking at the door. He lifted his head when he heard the sound of a pistol being loaded. "I'm coming too, Thomas," Todd grunted, rolling his eyes.

Thomas frowned, looking at Todd. "Todd, you can get hurt-"

"So can you." His voice was cocky, as he puffed out his chest in defense. They stared each other down for a brief moment of tension before Thomas shook his head. "Fine, whatever. Just don't hold me back..." He grumbled, walking out of the office. Todd stayed closely behind Thomas, looking over his shoulder on the occasion to make sure they weren't being followed.

After an hour of searching, Thomas let out a defeated sigh. "It must've been an echo." He stated, rubbing the side of his forehead in frustration. Todd grunted in agreement, before staring at Thomas who was now walking away. "I'm going to hit the hay before the rooster crows. Good night Todd." He called out, waving his hand. Todd waved after Thomas, making sure he was out of sight before storming back into the bar. He stormed up the stairs barging into Paulo & Patrick's room.

"What the fuck you two?!" He snarled, gripping his fist. Paulo and Patrick jerked up, confused. "What the hell were you two doing firing your guns so late at night?! Did I give you instructions to do so?" He hissed hatefully, glaring down his men. Paulo and Patrick exchanged confused looks, before looking back at Todd.

"Sir... We weren't firing any guns."

Todd's anger melted off his face, realizing that both Paulo and Patrick were naked. If they were busy doing something else... Who could've fired the gun?