The Time Machine II

2018

The holidays had gone by way too fast. I spent nearly every waking moment with Soda during Winter Break, I even spent the night at his apartment a few times. I was with him unless I had to be with my family, like when we went to my grandpas house for Christmas Day. My grandpa even asked where Garry (Darry) was, I guess he was expecting me to invite him to our family's Christmas Brunch, which is always held at my grandpas house.

I was able to talk my parents into inviting the gang over for Christmas Eve dinner. Usually, Christmas Eve dinner is at our house, consisting of me, my parents, and Jenni. It was always us four, and no one else. When I suggested we invite them, Jenni was very excited. My parents took a bit of convincing. It is easy to guilt them when I told them that the guys would have to spend Christmas alone if we did not invite them.

They gave in and allowed me to invite them over. I called the apartment and told them that they had to dress relatively nice and be on their best behavior with my family.

Finally when they came over, Darry gifted my mom a bottle of wine to thank her for letting them join for dinner. He never goes to a dinner party without bringing a gift, which I found to be really sweet.

We all sat around the table. I sat between Dally and Soda. Everyone found spaces around us, and Steve was the first to reach over and grab a dinner roll from a bowl in the middle of the table.

My mom was laughing at all of Two-Bit's jokes and seemed to connect with him. Of course she would, he's her dad! She even told him that he reminded her of her dad.

"Wow," Two said, staring right at me. I shot death stares back at him. "That's crazy."

My dad seemed to get along quite well with Darry. They asked each other questions about Tulsa and sports. Generic "dad" conversations. I wasn't worried about any of the guys accidentally blowing their time travel cover, they were all very quick on their feet. I was both impressed, and relieved.

I was still shocked that no one has made the connection that they have the same names as the book. I'm sure that every student in America was forced to read that book since the 60's.

For Christmas, Soda got me a sweet little gold locket with a picture of us that was taken in the '60s, and engraved on the back said "Bri and Soda: 1965". He said it took a while for him to find the perfect gold locket, because all of them he saw were silver.

I'm not sure where he got it from, but it was vintage

I'm not sure where he got it from, but it was vintage. He said that Lillian helped him get it, but I don't know how he had that picture. Did he bring it with him to 2017?

I got Soda a watch, also engraved saying, "If I could turn back the clock, I'd find you sooner and love you longer", in cursive.

Since July, Ponyboy and Jenni had been really great friends. I thought that maybe something would happen between them, but I think they're afraid of having feelings for each other then they'd have to be apart once Lillian fixes the Time Machine.