Senior Campout Part 2

I left the guys with instructions to pack for an overnight stay by a lake, and that we would probably be home before noon tomorrow. Depending on what time everyone wakes up. Last year even though mostly everyone was smashed all night, people started packing up and leaving around ten in the morning. Most parties in the 60's don't last all night, unless you count Buck's. Usually they have to just stagger home or they'll pass out where they stand.

I wasn't going to get the guys until it was already dark, so we could get there when the fire was already blazing. I headed over to Lillian's house so we could hangout before we had to pick them up and we could get ready together.

Her dad put a couple of tents in Lillian's car already, because her family goes camping a lot. I know they hate the idea of any of us drinking, but they'd feel more comfortable if we had a place to sleep it off instead of trying to get home. I don't drink, so it wasn't really a problem for me.

Lillian took the opportunity to wear something cute while I went with the comfortable suggestion of a gray sweatshirt and baggy jeans. It's going to be dark with mosquitos. I don't need to be eaten alive while I sleep.

Lillian put on a red bodysuit with jeans shorts with no plans to bring a jacket in case it got cold. She stood in front of her mirror, applying her makeup with the intention of covering every imperfection with intricate detail and using a blend of shimmy purple and a highlighted white on her eyelids.

I, on the other hand, shook out my curly hair from earlier and just ran a brown eyeliner pencil over my lash line and buffed it out with my finger to give it a little more dimension before reapplying mascara. I wasn't planning on sleeping in my makeup, so I didn't want it to be annoying to remove tonight.

In hopes of not smelling like a campfire the next day, I used an old black backpack to pack a pair of gray sweatpants, and a plain white t-shirt to wear once I'm done being near the fire. After putting a phone charger in my car, I didn't think was going to need anything else to survive the night.

Lillian was just finishing with straightening her hair when I checked the time and figured I should pick up some of the guys. With the two tents, we figured we would have three people in one and four in the other. Whoever wanted to share a tent with me would ride with me in my car.

I drove over to their apartment and the door opened before I even reached it. I instantly smiled when I saw Soda and I walked inside while I asked, "everyone ready to go?"

"Just about," he answered.

All of the guys were just waiting in the living room. No one was bringing extra clothes, so they were just going to go home tomorrow smelling like a campfire but it really wasn't that big of a deal.

"Lillian and I are bringing a couple of tents for tonight, so you guys are going to have to split off. They aren't big enough for everyone. You'll either be in my tent, or hers."

"Her rack is better, but you're less annoying so I guess I'll tag with you," Dally groaned and walked toward the door and tossed his cigarette on the cement ground.

"Rude, but okay." I learned to accept his arbitrarily insults and not take them personally.

"I'll go with you." Soda grinned.

"Johnny, why don't you come with us. Steve and Two can go with Lillian," I offered. I assumed that Johnny would not speak up and end up being someone's last choice. I didn't want to hurt his feelings.

"Okay, sure." He gave me an appreciative smile.

"What are your plans for tonight?" I asked Darry.

"Probably just sleep. I gotta long day tomorrow." He cracked his back.