Fire in the Sky

Harry would love to believe that fate is still on his side; besides, he believes that it was fate that led him to Bella. He stared at her bed being wheeled towards the Operating Room and sighed; She promised she'll come back, he thought and walked towards where Georgia Clarke sat.

"How are you holding up?" she asked and Harry looked at Bella's mother emotionless; he doesn't know what to say as he can see the nervousness and tension on her face. "She's going to be ok." She whispered more to herself than to him.

She's coming back to me. She promised. He thought, his eyes straying towards the Operating Room doors once again. I'm not going to lose her.

His mind replayed the happenings that week, how he ran away from his own wedding and how he found Bella in the airport. He can remember very well what she wore when he found her- how her hair is, what her lip color is- what she said.

"I'll see you soon." Bella said kissing Harry one last time. "Mom and dad are coming tonight. You can go as well if you want." She continued after pulling away and Harry nodded.

"Go. We can't delay the plane any further." He said and he gave her one last long kiss making Bella giggle. "Go." He finally giving Bella a little push. He watched her turn and wave and smile before the Boarding Gate closed.

Prince Harry stood by the huge glass window and watched the plane back out of the tarmac. He sighed. This is the last time I'm letting her go. He thought, his eyes never straying from the plane. Suddenly, he heard someone clear his throat behind him and Harry glanced to see Troy standing there with a calm look on his face. "What's the damage, Troy?" he asked but his secretary didn't respond making Harryb turn around and see a whole dozen of PPO around them. The prince couldn't say that he regrets going to Bella. No. Never. For him, what will happen for the next few months is well worth it. As long as he got her, he can get through them all.

The sounds of cameras clicking and the questions came in too loud as he walked out of the airport and he quickly got in the car waiting for him. "Your Royal Highness, the Queen Mother is not happy." Troy said as they drove their way towards Buckingham Palace. "She insists on having a talk with you and His Majesty and His Royal Highness. Some civilians are enraged."

The media flocked outside Buckingham Palace and Harry looked back to see the guards close the gate. Harry started feeling the magnitude of what he had done. An international scandal. The staff inside the palace are scurrying everywhere trying to remove everything that had been prepared for the wedding. Some greeted him while others kept their head low and Harry is lead towards his father's office.

Inside are his father, brother, granny, and grandpa. His grandpa is staring at him seriously yet on his lips, Harry can detect the slightest of smile; however, his granny is a whole different story. "What were you thinking Henry?" she started and Harry stopped from walking and just stood still. Even though Queen Elizabeth II had already abdicated from the throne, she is still someone with authority and should always be treated with respect. "Running off- on your own wedding?!" she screeched making all four men flinch.

"Granny-"

"-no! Don't your dare granny me right now, Henry." She continued and Harry sent a glance towards his father who only shook his head at him in return as if telling him to don't say anything. "The press is having a field day! We're an embarrassment and all for one woman!"

Charles finally sighed, "A woman he loves, mummy."

"Well, you certainly married a woman you didn't love the first time." The Queen Mother bit back and Harry saw William about to say something but she sighed and raised her hand. "I apologize, that was below the belt."