67. Eyes Closed

December 31st 2015, New York

"You're getting over him!" I sang the last phrase of my song and Times Square erupted with cheers. I was, indeed, in New York performing in front of millions of people to celebrate the New Year: 2016.  I had been hired last minute because my single New Rules, followed by my new album Uncover, had unexpectedly broken records all over the world. It had reached the #1 spot on iTunes in 17 countries, it had been the most streamed song of December and the music video had reached 15 million of views in 24 hours, which was still surreal to me. 

As it was ending, I realized that 2015 had been the best year of my life. Despite the pain I had gone through, I felt really content with what I had accomplished. I felt happy about my music and seeing the positive comments about it made me feel even prouder. In general, I felt more mature, more confident and stronger compared to the beginning of the year... and I also had to thank Harry if I had grown such a thick skin. 

Harry... looking back, I didn't regret anything. I didn't hate him. I still felt pretty attached to him but I had finally realized that I hadn't done anything wrong, it wasn't my fault if he had screwed up. 

"3... 2... 1..." everybody counted as the famous ball was dropping on the skyscraper, "happy New Year!" I yelled and noticed Jack snogging with Caleb in front of me. I turned around, saw million of people doing the same thing and chuckled at the view. I didn't feel alone - nor sad - in that moment but I weirdly felt out of place. I must admit that I wondered what Harry was up to, who he was with, how he had spent the last night of 2015, if he had thought of me, if he had had his midnight kiss... but quickly brushed the thought off as my friends wrapped me in their arms (yes, after their making out session). 

"I seriously can't wait to go Pacha!" Jack said, mentioning the nightclub we were going to after

"Tell me about it" I giggled

"Happy New Year, Jade" Pat said as he joined us, followed by his girlfriend, before hugging me, "cheers to you, to your music and to your career!"  

"Cheers to us!" I smiled as I drank my champagne 

"I know you have plans for the night..." Pat smirked, "so you can go ahead if you want... your job is done for tonight"

"Yes!" Jack squealed in the back, making us all laugh. We said our goodbyes and left Times Square in a black van with tinted windows. As we got away from the chaos, I changed my dress in the car and wore a golden dress that Jack had gotten me for Christmas. It was perfect for the occasion so I decided to wear it and make him happy. 

"Damn, girl" Caleb said, "you're hot

"Damn, girl" Caleb said, "you're hot... you're so gonna get laid tonight" he laughed

"That's not the plan" I shook my head

"You may change your mind if you see these pictures" Jack dramatically said, before turning his phone to me and obviously showing me pictures of Harry and Kendall. They were on a yacht, cuddling, looking as happy as ever, in love and perfect.