59. Something New

July 16th 2015, New York

"Welcome to my flat!" I told Chace as we walked inside. I had, indeed, decided to rent the house in Greenwich Village for longer than I had previously planned. My plan was to buy it eventually but, in that moment, renting felt like the best decision. Chace, who had been by my side ever since the concert in San Diego, had kindly offered to help me unpack my stuff in exchange for a night out and a bed (or couch as he had specified) to sleep in in the city that never sleeps.

"This is seriously so beautiful, wow!" He said as he walked around, "especially all these boxes" he smirked

"They're part of the decor" I laughed, "you can put your bag in that room, which happens to be yours for the night" I winked

"Thank you again for letting me stay here again" he said as he put his bag on the floor 

"Don't thank me yet, you don't know what you've signed up for" I winked, "do you want a brew? a coffee?" I asked

"A brew would be nice" he smiled,  "what I've signed up for huh?" 

"Yes" I nodded, "according to someone, I'm a very indecisive, moody, rude and violent person" 

"You should add liar to the list since you know how to hide these things so well" he winked, "shall I start in the meanwhile?"  

"We can chill for a while" I shook my head, "I didn't bring you here to unpack... I brought you here to also spend some quality time with you, my friend" I smiled at him before opening the cupboard, "chocolate chip cookies, Bourbon cream or Digestives?" I turned around and his eyes lit up

"You've just found the way to my heart: Bourbon!" he exclaimed as I burst out laughing. 

We chatted for a while as we enjoyed our tea and, as we were getting to know each other, I realized how little we had in common but how easy it was to get along. He liked winter and the cold weather, I loved summer and the heat. He only listened to hip-hop and R&B music (hence why he didn't really like One Direction, their shows, and the boys), I rarely did. He didn't like living in London, or big cities for the matter, I didn't really like the countryside and I felt like I belonged to bigger cities. And the list went on. I guess that's why they say that opposites attract... but then again, Harry and I were pretty similar in a lot of things...  so I really didn't know what the truth was. 

Time was passing by and we realized it was getting late so we started unpacking. I made sure to give him the non-awkward boxes (aka I didn't give him the ones with underwear or my lady stuff) and I was surprised to see how organized he was when it came to unpacking. He had told me that he had moved a lot of times throughout his life because and that was the confirmation to that.  

"What have you got in here? Lead? A dead body?" he dramatically asked me as he tried to lift the first box

"A lot of bodies actually" I said before bursting out laughing

"And why is it so hot in here?" he groaned as he took his t-shirt off. I took a look at him and was surprised to see how fit he was. He had sculpted abs, muscular arms, back and shoulders and that v-shape kind of body. 

"Because I'm smoking hot obviously" I teased 

"I won't fight with you on this" he chuckled 

"Chace!" I laughed

"Smile!" he said, I took a look at him with a questioning look on my face and noticed he was taking a selfie, "can I post it on Instagram?" 

"Sure" I shrugged, "it could cause a media frenzy but who cares?"