60. Drag Me Down

July 31st 2015, Indianapolis

"If I didn't have you I'd never see the sun... You taught me how to be someone, yeah" I heard Louis' voice singing acapella as Chace and I entered the room we called 'lounge' in the backstage. As we entered, I smiled as I noticed all the boys sat on the couches and singing together.

"Uhh, what a nice song" I smirked, knowing exactly what he was singing. The boys were, in fact, releasing their first single as a quartet that day and, as a surprise, they were going to sing it live for the fans on the exact day. Louis had made me listen to it about a month before and I loved it. It sounded amazing and I knew the fans were going to freak out as soon as they'd listen to it.

"You like it, love?" Liam asked

"I love it!" I squealed, "Chace enjoys it too" I giggled

"I mean..." he awkwardly replied, "it's not my genre but... I guess it's not that bad" he shrugged

"It's not his genre, lads" Louis teased him, "you gotta know that our mate here is such a gangsta... you know, Eminem, 50-Cent, Dr. Dre... all that good stuff" he laughed. Louis had been spending a lot of time with us while on tour and he was growing fond of him. He wasn't really sure about our relationship at the beginning but we had been able to convince him that we were a good match.

"That's my kind of music too bro" Liam shrugged at Louis as he turned to Chace, "have you ever heard of G-Eazy?"

"Mate, he's -" he started saying,"fucking amazing" I ended the phrase for him, mimicking his voice. Everybody but Harry started laughing but I really couldn't think about him at the moment. Chace took my hand, pulled me towards him and started tickling me on my hips for what I had just said. I burst out laughing and the boys kept on doing the same. Chace stopped tickling me, placed a sweet kiss on my forehead and the silence crept over the room.

"When are you releasing the song?" I awkwardly asked to change the subject

"You're not a true directioner," Niall said with a funny teasing face, "it's already out, Missy" he said so I burst out laughing, took my phone out, immediately downloaded it from iTunes and tweeted the boys to show everybody that I was supporting them.

I took a look at Harry and saw he was actually texting on his phone, I wondered who he was texting to... Jeff? His mum? His sister? A girl? But let it go as Chace took my hand and started stroking it. Truth to be told, Chace and I had been together for two weeks already and, apparently, everything was going perfectly. He was a good boyfriend, not very needy, nor touchy, very thoughtful and very sweet. The sex was good. We hadn't fought yet. The only problem was... my mind. I couldn't stop thinking about Harry for some reason. I knew he had done me wrong but I just couldn't get him out of my mind. I hadn't tried to get a reaction out of him obviously. I didn't kiss Chace, nor touched him too much when I was in front of him, but it was pretty obvious that we were together and seeing him so careless about my relationship was hurting me. I was really starting to believe that he hadn't loved me at all.

"Can we get on with the rehearsal?" Harry obnoxiously asked

"He woke up on the wrong side of the bed" Louis teased him

"Should we ask whose bed?" Liam giggled but, once again, the silence crept over the room. I bit my lip and tried to hide my disappointment as I waited for his response.

"If you're gonna be dicks, I'm going to my dressing room" he replied but everybody kept on teasing him. So he was really seeing or sleeping with someone else.

After a few minutes, the poor mad Harry finally got what he wanted: Niall started playing the guitar while he started singing the song again,

"I've got fire for a heart, I'm not scared of the dark, you've never seen it look so easy... I got a river for a soul and baby you're a boat... baby, you're my only reason" he sang. His raspy and strong voice almost thundered in my ears and I fell in love with it once more.