11. Knee deep in my heart

November 16th 2014, London

"I'll have to talk about this with someone... You'll know by the end of the day" Pat guaranteed.

"Do I need to worry?"

"Not at all" he smiled.

We spent the afternoon doing promo and when my last interview for the day finished, I almost went home. Luckily Pat reminded me that he had to tell me "the good news" and that we had to head to Syco's building to talk about his idea with the team.

As I arrived, I was surprised to see my team surrounded by a bunch of people I had never seen. I was even more confused when I saw Harry standing there, with an annoyed expression on his face. He looked up, our eyes met and he just sighed, without saying anything. Because of that, I contemplated walking to him but did it anyways. I greeted him and he just nodded. I felt perplexed at his behavior but didn't say anything.

Simon entered the room and everybody fell silent. He smiled at Harry and me and, while I returned the smile, Harry didn't bother. I tried to predict what was going on but I had no idea. Finally Simon talked,

"Patrick told me he saw a good chemistry between you two... so we were thinking that maybe you could go out publicly for a while... It'd be a good publicity for you Jade"

I laughed as I though he was joking but was shocked when I realized he was completely serious.

"Did you seriously think about this?" I turned around to face Pat and pouted, "I'm never gonna agree"

"Why not? It's innocent... a lot of celebrities do it"

"Are you serious?" I disgustedly asked, " I will not use Harry, nor anyone else, to get more famous, ever"

"This is your career we're talking about Jade" my publicist intervened

"Exactly, I make music, my goal is to make people talk about how good my songs are, not make them talk because I might be seeing him" I pointed at Harry. He was now sitting on a couch, remaining silent that while looking at me with an hopeful stare in his eyes.

"Just think about it, the both of you" Simon said, looking at us

"There's nothing to think about, I already know my answer: no" I took my coat before exiting the room, leaving them behind. I was mad at them for thinking I could do something so poor. I was disappointed to know that Patrick wanted me to do a publicity stunt. I couldn't even believe it was a real thing, I thought that magazines made these kind of things up... guess I was wrong.

While I exited from the main door, I wondered how Harry had taken it. He had probably thought I had planned all of it so I understood his bothered attitude. I was kind of mad at him too for thinking so low of me, but deep down I was aware he didn't actually know me. I didn't even understand why he hadn't said anything.

I was waiting for a taxi when I heard my phone ringing. I didn't recognize the number but picked up anyways,

"Will you meet me in the back?" the deep voice I was getting so used to asked, I agreed and walked in the building once again. I found my way to the back exit and saw Harry in a car I hadn't seen yet. He smiled at me as I hopped in the passenger seat.

"I knew I wasn't wrong about you" he stated while grinning

"I can't believe them" I honestly said

"You'll need to get used to it" he sighed

"Is that the reason why you didn't say anything?" our eyes met for a second but he looked down immediately

"I've just learnt to accept things I can't change" he sighed once again, looking as vulnerable as ever