Chapter 32

Chapter 32

We did just that for the past months. We never hide our feelings when we’re around anyone anymore. I would send and fetch Brianna to and from college everyday and whenever she doesn’t have any morning classes, we would go out on a date. Brianna and I shared bedroom now (with Mike and Elisa’s approval of course) but Lily still gives Brianna a cold shoulder while giving me a sad and depressing look. She always cast a sad look at us whenever she sees us together and I got a feeling she's doing it on purpose just to make Brianna felt guilty. I know Brianna tried her best to ignore it but I don't know how long she will able to stand it.

All in the family tried to talk some sense into Lily but she is so stubborn. I’ve never seen anyone as stubborn as her. I've given upon being nice to Lily and told myself I'm never going to give up on Brianna. Grandpa and my parents know about me and Brianna and also about Lily's feelings toward our relationship.

"My attachment here will end soon," I told Brianna when we were out on our date, walking hand in hand towards our favorite bench in the park facing the lake, "In a month I'll be going back home."

"Wow, time run really fast when you are having time of your life," Brianna pouted her lip looking so cute. "I'll be graduating from college in 5 months time."

Sitting down on the bench, I hold her hands and faced her, "I know and that why I don't want to waste anymore time," and then stood up and kneel in front of her. She looked shock. "I love you, Brianna and I think you know that. I love you so much and I don't think I could live without you," I said while she just remained quiet, maybe too stunned to say anything. Realizing that she's not going to say anything, I took out a velvet box from my pocket and continued, "Brianna, will you marry me?" I opened the box which laid a small diamond ring.

Brianna just looked at the ring in the box with wide eyes. God, please let her says yes,  I silently prayed. For almost 5 minutes Brianna just stood there looking at the ring without a word.

"Baby, please, you silence is killing me," I said to her.

She bite her lips and looked at me with teary eyes, "You have to wait until I complete my studies first," she said.

"Yeah, sure, that's what I have in mind too," I nodded my head.

"We going to be married here in London and on our hill," she added.

"Anywhere you want babe," I nodded my head agreeing with what she suggested as long as she agrees to marry me....... but wait....... "Did you just agreed to marry me?" I asked when I just realixed what she has just said.

She nodded her head, "Yes, you stupid fool," and hugged me. I stood up and spin her around. We both were laughing happily.

"You have made me the happiest man alive," I said before kissing her passionately which she returned with the same passion. We were in our own world when all the sudden we heard claps and cheering. We broke out lips but still wrapped our arms around each other looking at our surroundings, we just realized that we have full of audience watching us. Brianna flushed and hides her face into my chest while I just laughed happily about what just happen. I’m truly the happiest man alive.

It’s was already late when we reached home and we decided to tell everyone the next morning. Brianna didn’t let me tell my parents or grandpa because she’s scared that they will leak the surprise. We decided to let both our families know the next morning.

We went down together for breakfast the next morning. Both Brianna and I are eager to see everyone’s reaction. I’ve Skype my parents and grandpa and we make they stay on line.

“Well everyone, Brianna and I have some announcement to make,” I started with a serious tone. Both Brianna and I have been pretending that we both have sad news to tell everyone. Brianna has been doing her very best to hide the ring on her finger from everyone. I could see that everyone faces were anxious and nervous about what we are going to tell them except for Lily. She looked hopeful, maybe still waiting something bad to happen to my relationship with Brianna. Yeah, we have called her to join in to listen to our announcement. Boy, if she really waiting for me and Brianna to announce our break-up, she will be very disappointed.

“Yeah, we both have decided that we……..” Brianna paused and bit her lips pretending to look at me with sad teary eyes. “I think I let Rick tell you guys.”

I sighed and said softly, “We both decided that we don’t want to be boyfriend and girlfriend anymore.”

“What!!!” everyone asked including my families who were online, in shocking voice except one person who had a wide grin plastered on her face. Yeah, I think you know who.

“Why? What happened? You guys were ok before this,” Keyshia queried

“Well…..” I pretend to choke and nudged Brianna, “You tell them.”

Brianna bit her lips pretending to be nervous, “We…… we decided to get married instead,” she said with a giggled and showed them the ring, “Rick proposed to me last night.”

“Ahhhhhh!!!!” everyone screamed happily and within second Brianna was hugged by her sisters and mom except Lily, who stood there without any happy expression.

“Congratulations,” said mom through the laptop. “I’m so happy for you guys.”

“You don’t know how proud and happy you have made me, Richard,” said my grandpa grinning widely and my dad nodded his head in agreement.

“Elisa,” yelled mom, “We need to discuss the arrangement fast.”

“Hey hold on,” interjected Brianna, “We only going to get married after I’ve graduated which will be in 6 months time,” I nodded in agreement. “Rick and I already agreed.”

“But still, 6 months is not that long,” chuckled grandpa and everyone laughed. Everybody was chattering happily and discuss about our wedding plan that none of us paid attention to our surroundings but Lily managed to catch our attention, when she suddenly dashed out from the kitchen.

“Lily!!” Brianna immediately followed her, I as on Brianna’s tail. “Lily stop,” called Brianna again as Lily climbed up the stairs. “Why are you acting like this?” asked Brianna. “Why can’t you just be happy for me?”

 Lily stopped at the midway of the stairs, “As I’ve told you earlier, I will never be happy for what happen between you and Rick!!” she shouted. “I hate you Brianna. I will rather die that seeing you together with Rick!!”

“Lily!!” yelled Mike who was standing behind us, “How could you say such words? Why are you being so stubborn!!”

“You all always side Brianna,” she scoffed, “I will never accept their relationship, not now not ever!” and ran to her room banging the door.

“She is so stubborn,” hissed Keyshia while the rest just shook their head.

“Let’s just let her be for a while,” said Elisa, “Let’s now discuss further about your engagement and wedding. We need to make and announcement.”

“Yep,” nodded Mike grinning a both me and Brianna, “We need to tell everyone, the merger is going to happen soon,” and we all headed back to the kitchen discussing further ignoring Lily’s tantrum except Brianna who still looking at the stairs sighing.

“Let her be,” I tried to coaxed Brianna, “She will have to accept what happen between us whether she likes it or not.”

Brianna heaved loudly, “I know but I still feel miserable. Maybe I should just try to talk to her,” she suggested.

“You think she would listen?” I asked.

“Well, at least I try to make her see what I felt and hope she’ll understand,” said Brianna again.

“There’s no harm trying,” I shrugged, “As long as you promised me, no matter what she said you’re not going to back up on us,” I warned.

Brianna smiled and kissed me, “I promised you I won’t.” I smiled as Brianna let me go and walked upstairs.

I went to the kitchen intend to join the rest when I head Brianna screamed Lily’s name. I immediately rushed upstairs towards Lily’s room followed by the rest of the family. When we reached, we found Brianna holding unconscious Lily, with blood on her wrist.