Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Rick POV

"Morning beautiful," I greeted Brianna as I opened my eyes after feeling her soft lips on my chin. I wrapped my arms tighter around her pulling her closer.

She snuggled closer, smiling looking at me, "Morning handsome," she said before I crushed my lips to hers.

"I could get use to waking up like this," I said to her smilling. She smiled back. "I thought you said you wanted Lily to cool down?" I couldn't stop myself from wondering.

"Well I thought about it but I think if we show Lily how in love we are, she might realised and come to her senses," she told me.

"I'm glad you changed your mind," I smiled.

"Me too," she traced my chin with her forefinger looking directly into my eyes, "I love you, Rick," she continued, "You the best thing that happen to me and I don't think I want lose you."

"I love you too and I don't want to lose you either," I said to her “We’ll try to find a way to stop all this, ok. We will try to make her understand,” I soothed, “I was to blame for all this. I shouldn’t get too close to her. I should have made her understand from the very beginning.”

“It’s not your fault, Rick. You have told her but she refused to listen,” sniffed Brianna.

“I should talk to her and make her understand. Let’s hope she does,” I suggested.

“Let’s talk to her together,” suggested Brianna instead. “Let’s pray she will listen.” I nodded my head before we both entered her room.

Mike and Elisa looked up when they heard the door opened and smiled at us. Lily turned her head too but glared when she saw us. Damn, is this girl ever going to give up? I asked myself. We walked towards her bed hand in hand ignoring Lily’s glare.

 “Hey, how are you feeling?” asked Brianna.

“Why would you care?!!” hissed Lily. God I felt like slapping her for being rude to Brianna. Good thing Mike and Elisa were there.

“Lily, can you just be polite to your sister?” scolded Elisa which Lily stubbornly ignored.

“What are you both doing here? To show me what a loving couple you both are?” she hissed again.

“We wanted to talk to you and see how’s you’re doing,” said Brianna softly.

“I don’t want to talk to you!! No ever!!” yelled Lily loudly making everyone shock. “Get out! Get out! I don’t ever want to see your face,” pushing Brianna away.

“Lily calm down,” Mike said at the same time trying to stop Lily from continue pushing Brianna, “Why can’t you just accept the fact? Why are you so stubborn?” Lily finally stopped but I could hear her hissing.

“Mike, can I and Brianna talk to Lily alone?” I asked.

“I want to talk to Rick alone. I don’t want to talk to Brianna,” hissed Lily.

 “Try to listen to what they going to say,” advise Elisa.

“No, I don’t want to talk to Brianna!!” she yelled again like a stubborn kid.

“It’s ok mum,” said Brianna softly, “I’ll leave and let Rick talk to her.” I nodded my head and kissed Brianna on the cheek before she walked out with her parents.

When they leave, I immediately questioned her, “Why can’t you just accept the fact, Lily? I never felt the same way towards you. From the very beginning I’ve been telling you that I don’t love you. I would only love you like my sister.”

She began to sob, “I love you with all my heart. Like I’ve told you before Rick, I’m capable to love you more than Brianna.”

“Damn Lily!!” I hissed, “Why are you being so stubborn? I’m telling you again Lily and you listen carefully. I love your sister with all my heart. I want to spend my life with her. Can you just understand that? Why can’t you just accept that?”

“I can’t Rick. I’ve tried but I still can’t stop loving you,” she cried. “Every time I see you with Brianna my heart broke to pieces. Don’t you know that? I’ve been dreaming of spending my life with you, Rick. I have been, since the first day I sat my eyes on you. I have you for years.”

“But I can’t love you, Lily. Try to understand that,” I said more calmly this time.

“Why?!!” she demanded, “Because of my age?”

“No, I just don’t feel the same towards you as I felt for Brianna,” I told her.

“That’s because you never give your chance to really to get to know me,” she pointed out.

“No, Lily. I never attracted to you as I’m attracted to Brianna. The first time I set my eyes on her when I was here I’ve already attracted to her. I wanted to get to know everything about her. I want to know her likes and dislike. Even when she tried to push me away, I still didn’t want to give up but instead it pushed me harder to get to know her. I never felt like that towards anyone, not even you.” I explained to Lily hoping she would really understand what I felt. “I’m telling you the truth when I’ve told you that I love you like a brother love a sister. That’s what I felt towards you. No more and no less.”

“No even a small part of your heart?” she looked at me with hope.

I shook my head, “No.” She covered her face with her hands and started to sob again. I sighed and sat on her bed besides her before pulling her into a hugged, “I’m sorry.” I don’t know why I apologized. I softly rubbed her back trying to calm her down, “If you really mean what you say about your feeling towards me, you must accept what happen between me and Brianna,” I said to her softly. She didn’t acknowledge anything but keep on crying.

After a few second later, her crying subsides, I released my hugged and looked at her, “Please Lily, tell me that you going to accept my relationship with Brianna. Please don’t do anything stupid again.”

She looked away, “I’m sorry, Rick. I don’t think I can accept it, no matter how hard I tried,” she confessed softly.

I was stunned with her reply. I inhaled deeply before saying to her, “If that the case, I’m very, very sorry. I just hope you don’t make me hate you.” I didn’t wait to see what her response was. I just walked away feeling disappointed with her. She is one stubborn girl and if she wanted to remain stubborn, there’s nothing I can do.

“How does it go?” asked Brianna once I came out from the room.

I just shook my head, “She’s so stubborn,” I sighed.

“Maybe I should try to talk to her?” suggested Brianna.

“But she didn’t want to talk to you,” I reminded her.

Brianna sighed, “Well I think the only way now, is just to show her how strong we felt towards each other.”

“Yeah, you are right. To tell you the truth, I can’t wait to show everyone how I felt towards you. I can’t wait to show the whole how much I’m in love with you,” I grinned at her. Brianna playfully hit me and laughed.