Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Lily gasped looking at me lying on the bed. She then looked at Brianna who was standing beside the bed.

“It’s not what you think,” said Brianna, “I’m simply applying this toothpaste on his body. He had some hot spaghetti sauce on his body,” she explained.

Lily gasped again, “What actually happened?” she concernedly asked.

“I didn’t realize the spaghetti bowl is hot. I think I have ruined our dinner,” I looked at Brianna apologizing to her at the same time.

“It’s ok. I’ll just cook it again,” Brianna said and past the toothpaste to Lily, “Here, you take care of him,” and immediately get out of my room.

“Is there any place else that need to apply this?” Lily concernedly asked me.

I shook my head, “I think Brianna has applied all,” I said to her covering myself. “I better get up and help her to clean the kitchen. I’ve spilled everything.”

Lily smiled, “I’ll go and help her. You just relax. Let your burned subsides,” she said and with that, she got out from my room. Phew! Thank god she didn’t suspected anything but what to suspect right? There’s nothing happen between me and Brianna, well maybe something nearly happen.  Damn, I nearly get Brianna to be friendly with me.

Brianna continued ignoring me after that. She avoided eye contact with me. She totally went hiding again after dinner and I couldn’t find her anywhere not even in the bathroom.

I was on my way back home from office the next day when suddenly I realized that my car fuel was low and it started to jerk indicating that the engine will die soon. I totally forgot to refill the tank. Good thing I manage to stop the car at the road side. I immediately call Mike asking him to send someone to bring me the fuel.

An hour later I saw a familiar motorbike approaching me. It’s Brianna.

She stooped her bike in front of me, and lift up her face visor, “Here your gas, Mr. Anderson,” she said while handling me a small gas tank.

“Thank you, Ms Silverstones,” I replied in the same serious tone she used while taking the gas tank for her and walked over to my car and fill it. I guess we still not friends.

“What a stupid moron forgot to fill his car?” she scoffed behind me.

I cast a look at her before concentrating back on filling my car, “I was so preoccupied today. I was too busy with meetings and work, I totally forgot about it,” I told her. “I realized the signal but I thought its enough to take me to the gas station in front.”

“’E’ does not mean enough,” she smirked.

“Yeah I realized that,” I smiled and emptying the gas. “Thank you for reminding me. I’ll make sure I won’t forget that next time.”

She rolled her eyes before walking back to her motorbike. I got in and drove away with her leading the way but we immediately go separate ways when we reached home. God, I really have no idea how to make this girl talk to me or be my friend.

I was bored as Lily has to study for her coming exam and her friends are not coming for jamming today. I decided to spend my time in the library instead. Maybe I could find something interesting to read.

I was surprised to find Brianna there. Oh, this is where she normally hides. She has her legs curled up in a big chair looking so comfortable reading a book.

“Hi,” I greeted her and she immediately looked shock.

“What are you doing here, Mr. Anderson?” she asked bringing her eyebrows together obviously not happy to see me there.