Chapter 17: Go Get Your Bride

Author's Note: Sorry, I made this one too long. Dedicated to Peeta_Mellark. :)

*2 days after

Bruno's POV

I went with the guys all the way back to Brooklyn, New York for the burial. We got to the cemetery and everyone jumped out of the Hummer.

"Are you coming, man?" Phil asked.

"Nah" I shook my head. "I'm gonna stay right here" I said looking out the window where I saw Hayley with Dale from a far.

"Okay" he nodded.

"Don't tell anyone I'm here"

I was left in the Hummer while the guys went to give their condolence to Hayley's family for losing Macky. I heaved a loud sigh and looked down on my shoes as I thought of Hayley. I don't know how she will get over this. Macky means the world to her. She can't afford losing the little angel just like how I can't afford losing her.

It had been days already since Hayley and I stopped seeing each other. It's killing me! I'm missing her so much! I miss my Brooklyn girl.

Hayley's POV

One week before my wedding with Dale and two days after Macky's burial, I woke up from my sleep and sat up from my bed. Just then, I felt my stomach swirling. I jumped off bed and rushed to the toilet bowl. I threw up like eww. Morning sickness? How can I have morning sickness?

After breakfast, I left the house and then headed to the office.

I threw up into the bowl and then gasped for air.

"Hayley!" I heard Sadie called.

After I was finish, I opened the cubicle door and met Sadie. "What?" I asked.

"That's like the fifth time you threw up today" she said. I just looked at her with a "so what" expression. She raised an eyebrow and then held out what I think was a pregnancy test thingy.

"Sades, what is that?" I asked with my eyes wide.

She grabbed my hand and placed the thing on it. And then she pushed me into the cubicle again and shut the door.

I tried the test and after five minutes, I burst out of the cubicle. "So?" Sadie approached me.

I swallowed a ball of saliva before answering, "Positive" I almost whispered the word as I showed her the result.

Sadie covered her mouth in surprise. "Hayley Jackson..."

"I know"

"I won't believe you if you say it's Dale's child"

I bit my lips and opened my mouth to reply but nothing came out.

"Bruno...it's Bruno's?" she can barely utter the words and I can barely breathe. I slapped my face lightly and continuously to wake myself. Apparently, I was already awake. I wasn't dreaming. I'm not dreaming.

"Hayley, speak up! Hayl!" Sadie snapped me. I looked at her with bewildered and scared eyes. My palms were all sweaty now and I felt cold. "Don't be so shocked, Hayley. You're turning pale!"

"I'll let you go for now, Hayley Kirsten. Have fun in Brooklyn and in Los Angeles. But don't come back here crying and asking for help if you bear a child a again"

My father's voice rang in my head then a tear shed from my left eye. Was I experiencing a karma? Pssh...please. My whole life has been a karma. What did I do wrong now? Was I wrong about leaving Bruno? I thought I was doing the right thing, stopping myself to do the same mistake I did before. It seemed like I was having a deja vu. Here I go again.