Chapter 2: Brooklyn Girl!

*3 years later

Hayley's POV

It was another typical morning when I went to the office. The weather was sunny! The sky was so happy but it never affects my mood.

"Good morning Ms. Jackson" the guard greeted as he opened the entrance door for me.

"Good morning" I beamed a bit.

Pfft. Just another boring day at the office. I walked through the hallway while greeting everyone I passed by. They were all just the same. Nothing was new. Everyone was still busy in the morning.

I walked in to my cubicle and dropped my stuffs on the desk. I wearily dropped my self on my chair and closed my eyes for a while.

"Miss Jackson!" Williams yelled. I stood up from my seat looking startled. Then he started lecturing about work, bla, bla, bla. His voice was all a background to my hearing. "...But you did a pretty good job. I want you to keep it up" absent-mindedly, I didn't response to his statement. "Do you hear me Jackson?!" I froze in fright as he suddenly slammed his hand on my desk to wake me up.

"Ah...t-thank, thank you, boss. I promise to keep it up" I stuttered.

Maybe I did a pretty good job. Well that's just because there was not a night I didn't stay up in the office just to finish work. I'm a worker for this...lame...magazine. 101 Magazine. They say I'm a workaholic that don't have the time go out with my friends anymore. I'd go out with them maybe just to have lunch. I don't have the time to fix myself and find a guy (No, I'm not planning to look for one). I don't have time for my baby.

About Williams...he's more like a principal than a boss. Every morning, he scolds at the late-comer office boys, Jasper, James, Chad and Josh. He's so strict 'cause he thinks like a perfectionist. Obviously I HATE HIM. We're more like students here than office people. Always being scolded by our prinicipal.

"Well, you treat me just like another stranger..." My phone suddenly rang.

"Hello, Macky" I answered gladly.

"Good morning, Mommy. How was your morning?" she said.

"Um..." I leaned my back on the chair. "Good" I lied.

'It doesn't sound good"

"It is, sweetie. Well, have you eaten your breakfast?"

"Hmm..." she muttered. "Just finished. I'm about to go to school now, Mom"

"Okay. Don't be late for class"

"I just talked to Daddy last night, Mom. He asked if you're alright"

It took me a second to answer back. "Tell him I'm fine, honey"

"Okay"

"I gotta go now, Macks. See you soon. I love you"

"I love you too"

I ended the call and put my phone down my desk. I sighed before I switched on my computer and started working.

Lunch came. Well, Jasper was boasting about something on his video phone. "Hey, check this out, Hayl" he handed me the phone.

"Lame" I snorted.

"WHAT?! CAN'T YOU SEE WHO'S IN THE VIDEO?! ARE YOU BLIND?!" he was overreacting.

"A thin bald headed guy with eyeglasses and a short man with fedora hat?"

"IT'S PETER! MY MAN FROM HIGHSCHOOL! HE NOW CALLS HIMSELF BRUNO MARS"

"PETER?!" "Peter, you mean our buddy back in highschool?" "Peter Hernandez?!" the guys were surprised to hear the name.

"Ugh! That's what I've been trying to tell you, you stupid! Did I just tell you that a hundred times already?" Jasper exclaimed.

"Oh, Peter" I scoffed.

"YOU KNOW HIM?!" Cass, Sadie and Sam asked.

"Hell yeah. I know him so well. A playboy from highschool" I stammered.

"But you like him. He was a hottie too" Jasper smirked.

"HELL NO!"

My office friends like the song Nothin On You by B.o.B and Peter. They kept on singing it while we were on our way to the mall to have lunch. THEY WERE ALL SO ANNOYING! Especially Jasper. As we reached there. The freaks were all surprised to know B.o.B. was having a mall show at the same mall with Peter on that exact day and time. "Care to watch?" Jasper grinned. "Hayley" he called.

"Ugh! You go along. I will have lunch alone"

So they all went to the show instead of just eating lunch with me. After eating by myself, I planned to go visit a CD store and buy something new to listen to.

Bruno's POV

"Remember man. You're not the star here" Phil reminded me. "Don't outstage"

"Yeah. I know that but someday I'll be the star...or brighter than that" I said looking up to the direction of the sky.

"You're just planet Mars, Bru. You're not a star"

"I know that"

I sang Nothin On You with Bobby Ray on stage with a really big crowd watching. As usual it was fun. I love performing you know. Then we had an autogrpah session where to my surprise, I met Josh, James, Chad and JASPER!!! My friends from highschool. They were with three other girls in their office uniforms. I had a good laugh with them for a short moment.

After that session, I decided to roam around the CD store to look for something good to watch. I found Eclipse The Twilight Saga. "What? No price on?" I said to myself. I thought the girl nearest to me was a staff here so I approached her to ask. "Hey, miss. This DVD doesn't have a price on it. Can you tell me how much this is?" I asked. She then turned around to face me...and to my GREAT SURPRISE..."Brooklyn Girl? YOU'RE THE GIRL I SAW AT THE TRAINSTOP LAST THREE YEARS AGO!"