Chapter 12: Homecoming

Hayley's POV

I entered in the restroom and locked the door. There I cried harder. I heard knocks on the door but I ignored them. It was Bruno calling me. "Hayley! C'mon, open the door!" I continued ignoring.

For a long moment, I stayed and cried there while Bruno kept on calling me, trying to calm me down.

"Hayley, I'm really sorry about Natalie. Don't listen to her, okay? She's just very judgmental. You know you're better than her" Bruno said. "I'm sorry. Just please open the door now" he begged. I looked at myself on the mirror and thought of it. I tried to breathe and stand my tears but I couldn't. "Hayley, stop crying now please. I hate hearing you cry" Bruno said in a sincere voice. "C'mon baby squirrel. You can't stay there forever. Open the door" he said in a sweeter tone.

There was a short pause before I finally opened the door. As I did, I quickly hugged Bruno so tight and cried on his shoulder. Behind him were Phil and the rest of the guys who had been waiting for me to come out too. They were like "It's okay, Hayley. It's okay"

"Stop crying" Bruno whispered as soon as I hugged him and he hugged back. "Come on. I'll take you home now" he said.

Bruno's POV

I took Hayley to the hotel where we were staying in. We had seperate rooms but I chose to stay in hers so I could comfort her. We were on the couch lying. I had her wrapped around my arms. Now she felt more comfortable and less worried.

"Thank you, Bruno" she suddenly whispered.

"For what?" I asked.

"Everything" she replied. "Thank you for coming into my life. You make my everyday special. You helped me get over my problems. I don't know what I'd do without you anymore" that made my lips curve into a smile.

"No problem" I whispered.

"What about you? If you lost me, what would you do?" she asked.

I thought of it. "I'd be... going back to the corner where I first saw you, gonna camp in my sleeping bag. I'm not gonna move. Got some words on cardboards. Got your picture in my head saying if you see this girl can you tell her where I am... would that be 'The Man Who Can't Be Moved?'" I said and she chuckled.

I started to sing "'Cause if one day you'd wake up and find that you're missing me

And your heart starts to wonder where on this earth I could be

Thinking maybe you'd come back here to the place that we meet

And you'll see me waiting for you on the corner of the street"

"You know your voice always mesmerizes me" she giggled and I smiled.

For a few moment, we stayed quiet until I spoke up again. "Hayley" I called.

"Hmm?" she muttered.

"...What are we really? Are you really going to wait for our birthday before you answer me?" I finally asked.

She didn't answer right away. But after a second she said, "Bruno, you're my bestfriend. You're a part of my life now. I don't want to think about having commitments yet" she hugged me. "Are we going to talk about commitments now, huh?" she lifted her head to look at me.

"No. I guess not" I answered and she looked away. "You're right. For now, let's be bestfriends"

"Let's just sleep. Sing for me again" she said.

I started to smile again.

"You can count on me like 1 2 3

I'll be there