Five

The next day, Dan wasn't so mad that he had to wake up extremely early, because it just meant that he would get to see Phil.

  He hurried through the process of getting ready, barely looking at the clothes he threw on and halfway flat ironing his hair. After sliding his trainers on, he grabbed his phone, wallet and keys, then left.

  He was a mess. He'd never been so eager to actually get up and go somewhere, especially not for a person. It was 6:30 in the morning, for god's sake! No one would be at the school, maybe some teachers, but not Phil.

  Oh well, I'll just wait. And wait he did. School didn't start till 8 am, but the doors opened at 7. Dan rushed out of his car and into the building as soon as he saw that the doors were open. It was fucking freezing outside, and he'd forgotten his jacket at home like the twat he was.

  The halls were empty, except for some teachers and the janitors. It was actually quite nice, when it was quiet. No teenagers running around, making noise and pissing him off.

  Dan made his way down the hall, to his locker, his footsteps echoing loudly against the walls. He was looking forward to today, but he also was hateful towards it. He was sure to get into some kind of drama, he just couldn't avoid it.

  After grabbing books from his locker, Dan just sat in the hall, nothing else that he could do. There were a few more students that had shown up now, milling around. He paid them no attention.

  God, he was tired. He thought about his bed, back at home, his warm covers that he just wanted to crawl back into. His eyes started to drift shut, and right in the hallway, Dan fell asleep.

                 **************

  "DAN!" someone shouted, right in his ear.

  "What the fuck?!" he yelled, jumping and landing on his back. He heard giggling from beside him, and looked over to see Phil, his tongue sticking out as he laughed.

  "Sorry." Phil said, holding his stomach. "I couldn't resist, you just looked so peaceful." 

  "Jesus Christ, you scared me." Dan said, his heart racing a mile a minute. "Help me up, you prick." he held out his hand, which Phil grabbed, pulling him up.

  "Why are you sleeping on the floor?" Phil asked, his face a bit flushed from laughing so hard.

  "Just, woke up early. What time is it?"

  "Almost 8."

  Dan stretched his arms, yawning widely. His black shirt rode up as he did, and he could have sworn he saw Phil's eyes glance at the strip of tanned skin between his shirt and low slung jeans.

  "See something you like?" Dan asked, winking at him. Phil instantly turned red, looking at the floor.

  "N-no, I was just... I just happened to.... never mind." he stuttered, and Dan smiled at the fact he could make him so nervous.

  "I won't judge you, Philly, I am extremely good looking." Dan smirked, and Phil laughed, shoving him playfully.

  "You're not, really."

  "You've wounded me, Phil. My pride, it's in flames." Dan fake swooned, sending Phil into a fit of giggles. He was so cute, and Dan couldn't help but stare at him.

  "Who's staring now?" Phil said, bringing Dan back into the present.

  "Hey, I'll admit that you're cute enough for me to stare at." Dan replied. Phil just looked at the floor, shuffling his feet.